Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took everything I could to keep the camera steady. Apologize for it being portrait rather than landscape. 60mph is 9 oclock on the speedometer. We were north of 60 and up to roughly 85 around some of the turns.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you had a blast. Can't wait to get my QV and get it on the track too.
It's awesome. I'd love to drive one when the track is dry. I'd like to see the QV in racing of some sort. Even as a sedan it has a competitive power to weight ratio.

·
Registered
39 Posts
UGHHH I wish you filmed this in a horizontal position! This looks fun as ****, and those seats.....

Reactions: rkmgiulia

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UGHHH I wish you filmed this in a horizontal position! This looks fun as ****, and those seats.....
Haha me too. I usually do, but really I was just trying to keep the phone on the road and my body from flying about in the back. I had my gopro at the autocross later, but this was the first event of the day and I accidentally left it in the building. Helmet cam would've been perfect. The car is phenomenal. Down the road I hope to see some dealers get together and host a track event and a couple autocross' a year, the idea was brought up last week, that's something every customer needs to experience.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Bahaha this is such a fun video. Looks like you had a blast. I am hoping to hit the track in about a week or 2 during some winter series events around the DC area.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bahaha this is such a fun video. Looks like you had a blast. I am hoping to hit the track in about a week or 2 during some winter series events around the DC area.
I really did it was a great experience. I think it will drive some excitement into stores that have been lacking in that area. I can't wait to get on a track when I don't have a pace car or a guy in front of me for 3 of the four laps that was about a car width outside of the curb at apex with no passing permitted.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Audi (ACNA) is having a spring event at Summit Point, WV. They run the best events and have a good following of certified instructors. They welcome all makes and models but give preferential treatment to Audi drivers 1st. The event hasn't filled up completely when I've instructed with them. Might be a good opportunity to flog the car legally and learn about the cars all-out high-speed dynamics.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Audi (ACNA) is having a spring event at Summit Point, WV. They run the best events and have a good following of certified instructors. They welcome all makes and models but give preferential treatment to Audi drivers 1st. The event hasn't filled up completely when I've instructed with them. Might be a good opportunity to flog the car legally and learn about the cars all-out high-speed dynamics.
And see how RS5's look in the rearview.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
And see how RS5's look in the rearview.
Yes, they will fade fast!

Gotta be worried about an RS7 with the 4.0TT motor, though. I can see the HPDE events starting to limit the max speed of some of the off-the-shelf 500+ hp cars.

Cars that have intense power such as the new Guilia and RS7 accelerate so incredibly fast into long straight away speeds that it is not uncommon to close in on slow traffic with a 40+mph difference.

The student's ability to judge closing speed is often misinterpreted because people are so used to highway or urban driving where most everyone is within 10mph of each other. All bets are off on the racetrack and "point-by's" and passing signals can be effective. Though, with a huge disparity in speed, it is often tough to accurately judge in the mirrors or (as the oncoming driver) wonders what the slow car is going to do and has to patiently wait until they are acknowledged.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, they will fade fast!

Gotta be worried about an RS7 with the 4.0TT motor, though. I can see the HPDE events starting to limit the max speed of some of the off-the-shelf 500+ hp cars.

Cars that have intense power such as the new Guilia and RS7 accelerate so incredibly fast into long straight away speeds that it is not uncommon to close in on slow traffic with a 40+mph difference.

The student's ability to judge closing speed is often misinterpreted because people are so used to highway or urban driving where most everyone is within 10mph of each other. All bets are off on the racetrack and "point-by's" and passing signals can be effective. Though, with a huge disparity in speed, it is often tough to accurately judge in the mirrors or (as the oncoming driver) wonders what the slow car is going to do and has to patiently wait until they are acknowledged.
Haha I love the calculated factual reply. That's my go to approach on social media, I keep myself in check on here as I am representing my dealership. A customer let me use his metallic blue wrapped 4C for our Giulia launch event because I wanted a red white blue display of 4C's. I drove the car from storage to our store (1.5 hour trip through Ft. Worth). and posted a pic on fb that it was an exhausting trip when I got back and a guy commented worst post ever. My reply "customer car so I wasn't driving it hard. The wrap attracts pictures and people coming into your lane while doing so. 2500lb with an extremely stiff suspension, rack and pinion steering which bounces and tracks right and left in response to bumps and imperfections in the road. You're constantly making inputs to keep the car in the lane while analyzing surrounding traffic as you would at 150mph to predict future movement and avoid endangering the car. Let me know if you need further explanation or a video."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts