Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a fair amount of time testing the QV (QF?) against the M3 Comp and C63 S and have finally settled on the Alfa. I am not an Alfa aficionado, nor do I have any family history or background with Alfas. In fact, the only Italian in my family car history was my father's Fiat X1/9 that burst into flames a quarter mile from home when I was 5. Coming from a string of German cars since 2000 I am used to Teutonic efficiency so this is a giant leap for me. I am transitioning from an Audi S4 which I may keep as a winter car even though I will get a set of snows for the Alfa. I left a deposit today and the car is on order and will be here whenever it gets here. I am in no rush, but will certainly be excited when it is a week away. I have a dedicated track car so the Alfa will see very limited track time, but I wanted something that was exciting to look at, had 4 doors, had a strong performance envelope, and had an effervescence even at lower speeds. The BMW M3 Comp was very very close, but the Alfa won me over. I look forward to being a part of this awesome community.

-KJ

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Congrats! Assuming you've ordered a MY18? Can I ask what your spec was?

Don't worry lots of cross branded here, I'm on my first Alfa after living in the JDM world and don't regret. Keep as posted on the progress!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey KJ,

Congratulations. I'm quite sure you will enjoy the car immensely.

This is one of the few cars I've owned where the longer I own it, the more I like it.

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Assuming you've ordered a MY18? Can I ask what your spec was?

Don't worry lots of cross branded here, I'm on my first Alfa after living in the JDM world and don't regret. Keep as posted on the progress!
I got a lightly specced car. Silverstone Grey, Black interior, and Carbon Steering Wheel. Thats it. I am aiming for Q-Car stealth. If i felt like an even longer wait I would have taken a Tri-White and had a slightly different spec but I am happy with what they had available for order.

-KJ

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Yes, I think we all are coming from other car brands. It's been twenty years since a new AR was sold here in the USA. A few of us have owned older Alfas. In my case, my father is an old Alfa guy from way back when. My first Alfa is/was a 2015 4C, which is still my daily. The Giulia just kind of sits around a lot.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I spent a fair amount of time testing the QV (QF?) against the M3 Comp and C63 S and have finally settled on the Alfa. I am not an Alfa aficionado, nor do I have any family history or background with Alfas. In fact, the only Italian in my family car history was my father's Fiat X1/9 that burst into flames a quarter mile from home when I was 5. Coming from a string of German cars since 2000 I am used to Teutonic efficiency so this is a giant leap for me. I am transitioning from an Audi S4 which I may keep as a winter car even though I will get a set of snows for the Alfa. I left a deposit today and the car is on order and will be here whenever it gets here. I am in no rush, but will certainly be excited when it is a week away. I have a dedicated track car so the Alfa will see very limited track time, but I wanted something that was exciting to look at, had 4 doors, had a strong performance envelope, and had an effervescence even at lower speeds. The BMW M3 Comp was very very close, but the Alfa won me over. I look forward to being a part of this awesome community.

-KJ
Congrats on your Alfa order.
She's a Quadrifoglio! Giulia Q, or, Quad, for short.
What is your dedicated track car?
Where do you exercise her?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome! and always glad to have another local ;) I hope to have a lot of car meets here and track events if you are interested!
Yep! I look forward to interacting with the local Alfa community. Not sure how often I'd take the QV to the track since I have a dedicated race car, but I know I won't be able to resist a few occasions. I really don't know any other way I could truly access the full performance envelope of the car.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Did you order it from Sterling? I was just down there a week ago. Great Ferrari store next door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats and welcome. Did you order it from Sterling? I was just down there a week ago. Great Ferrari store next door.
Thanks for the welcome. No, I ended up at Alfa of Germantown (Criswell). I really liked the interaction I had with the folks at Sterling. I'd highly recommend them, but they didn't know when they would be getting any 18s and Germantown had a build I found acceptable. Sterling is a candy shop though, being co-located with Ferrari.

-KJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts