Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok small thing i noticed on the Alfa but not on other cars. Anything over 60mph, the good seems a bit flimsy on the left and right corners. I have noticed that the hood is extremely light compared to other cars i have owned which is awesome but wanted to check with others if this is "normal".

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the hood on the standard models is alluminium, so yes, light. The quad is even lighter as its carbon fibre.
But it shouldn't move. It has a latch on the 2 corners, left and right (and centre). Sometimes one of the corner latches is not engaged properly, check this, though it shoud give an indication on the dash when not latched properly.
And don't push on the hood too much, as you can dent it easily. Best is to drop it shut from some hight .....
Maybe the latches need to be adjusted ?

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the hood on the standard models is alluminium, so yes, light. The quad is even lighter as its carbon fibre.
But it shouldn't move. It has a latch on the 2 corners, left and right (and centre). Sometimes one of the corner latches is not engaged properly, check this, though it shoud give an indication on the dash when not latched properly.
And don't push on the hood too much, as you can dent it easily. Best is to drop it shut from some hight .....
Great suggestions! I'll give these a try. To clarify, I do not notice the hood moving a lot but it seems enough wind is getting underneath and it's causing it to shake a bit? Something that i have never noticed in any other cars. As if I'm driving with the hood not fully pressed down but it looks like it is. No xmas lights either on dash. I'll report my findings.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Good comments.

I bet one of the latches on the corner is not closed completely shut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.