Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use the + and - sub wire that is connected to the factory sub and convert it to RCA for the input of my mono sub? Then from the mono sub to aftermarket woofer without the speaker error?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can I use the + and - sub wire that is connected to the factory sub and convert it to RCA for the input of my mono sub? Then from the mono sub to aftermarket woofer without the speaker error?
You need resistors for the factory sub output. Otherwise you get an error in dash.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
I believe it was 6 ohm for the sub.
Yep, 6 ohm for sub, but you could get one of these in order to provide a load, and also get you a remote sub level control, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Buy this:
Is it the 20 or 60? Guy from company in youtube says its the 60 (gray one) for the premium systems which is the HK for us. Just want to make sure.

Can i go without a Line Out converter straight to the RCA of the amp? I saw another guy installed an amp and sub where he tapped into the stock subwoofer wire for signal to the amp but seemed most likely he kept the stock sub connected. Thats possibly why hes not getting dash error?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
Is it the 20 or 60? Guy from company in youtube says its the 60 (gray one) for the premium systems which is the HK for us. Just want to make sure.

Can i go without a Line Out converter straight to the RCA of the amp? I saw another guy installed an amp and sub where he tapped into the stock subwoofer wire for signal to the amp but seemed most likely he kept the stock sub connected. Thats possibly why hes not getting dash error?
Sometimes the amp has the ability to convert speaker level signal to line level, some don't do that though so you'd need something like what I linked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep, 6 ohm for sub, but you could get one of these in order to provide a load, and also get you a remote sub level control, etc.
Im not an audio expert. I just want the easiest and cheapest. I didnt even plan to upgrade the audio system having the HK system already. So if i connect a 6ohm resistor on the stock subwoofer wire (from from stock amp) to rca input of new amp, it should work giving no error on dash?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
Im not an audio expert. I just want the easiest and cheapest. I didnt even plan to upgrade the audio system having the HK system already. So if i connect a 6ohm resistor on the stock subwoofer wire (from from stock amp) to rca input of new amp, it should work giving no error on dash?
No, you need something to convert that speaker level (high voltage) to line level (low voltage) in order to plug into the RCAs (low voltage) of an amp. That device I linked can do that high to low level conversion and also provide a load (20, 60, or 20k ohm load) to the OEM amp so it knows that something is still there and functional. What that Audio Control LC2i-PRO can also do is provide a remote signal to the amplifier telling it to turn on. Without that remote signal coming from the LC2i-PRO to your amplifier, you would need to find a switched 12v signal from somewhere to go to your amp.

My system consists of the LC2i-PRO and an Alpine S-A60M amp. The LC2i-PRO is set to 20ohm load and trigger mode GTO. I have the LC2i-PRO volume control in the little cubby to the left on the dash. That did of course require me to run the wire up there, but I don't have the HK system so I needed to get my signal from the ETM anyways which is right there.

Reactions: GottWhat

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
Will the LC1i be sufficient? Do i need the accubass in the LC2i and LC7i? What does it do anyways?
oh nice, that will be great.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Easier Subwoofer upgrade for HK system is to add that quoted 20 ohm load + a subwoofer with built-in amplifier, such as this:
I have this specific model in my car and I have more bass than I ever need.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Easiers Subwoofer upgrade for HK system is to add that quoted 20 ohm load + a subwoofer with built-in subwoofer, such as this:
Nice. Long story short. I should've done the powered subwoofer way like u have. I know its not too late but i have already bought the sub, bought a jig saw and mdf wood (4 x 3 ft), made an adapter for the stock 6x9 enclosure spot, replaced the stock sub (didnt sound good enough), custom built an enclosure box for the new sub having Home Depot cut the extra mdf i had by size specifications and then using jig saw i bought for the holes, bought carpet and glued on the enclosure.

So originally, i started off just wanting to replace the stock sub with an 8" sub using an adapter. Nothing more. Lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Easier Subwoofer upgrade for HK system is to add that quoted 20 ohm load + a subwoofer with built-in amplifier, such as this:
Did you disconnect the stock sub?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts