Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!!! New member here thinking about trading in my focus st for a Giulia ti q2. My car is known for being unlaunchable which seems to be an issue with the lack of esc defeat on the Giulia, but that is not what really matters to me. I'm used to this, but where my car makes up is with super fast highway pulls and rolls driving in traffic. I'm wondering, how do the Giulias do with pulls, around town, and on the highway with fast maneuvers passing People? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome! I think take a test drive, they should let you test the torque range. In my Q4 I've had no problem keeping up / overtaking and I do it for fun a lot (hope i'm not on a-holedrivers.com) but take that all important test drive would be my advise.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I don't have one and don't have a burning need but it's meant to make it more responsive. Maybe try the Q4 and the Q2 out. Sure they'll let you and that way you'll have more fun :) Where about's in the world are you?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Can someone define highway pulls?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
in Italian it's "GETT-OUTTAMA-WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY" followed by said zoom :)

Alex - there's a few members on here in Miami too, post in the intro section, someone may be able to drag race your Focus LOL

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
Dynamic mode is your friend.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
in Italian it's "GETT-OUTTAMA-WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY" followed by said zoom :)
Ahhhhhhhh, I understand now......
I do that a lot on the track , on the highway I am a bit more magnanimous......0:)

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
oh didn't you know?... when the Giulia spots another car it pumps Mortal Kombats "FINISH HIM" through the speaker.... ;)
I definitely heard that subliminal message in your Giulia at Palmer Motorsports!:grin2:

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh, I understand now......
I do that a lot on the track , on the highway I am a bit more magnanimous......0:)
On the freeway and in town I too drive by the rules. There are just too many ways for aggressive driving to go wrong. On a country road with very little traffic things are very different.>:)

·
Registered
7,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
here at Giulia Forums we encourage safe driving in all it's capacities.. we are merely speaking figuratively Officer ;)

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
here at Giulia Forums we encourage safe driving in all it's capacities.. we are merely speaking figuratively Officer ;)
Indeed, highway pulls are for emergency situations only;)
I refer to it as invoking Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration. 0:)

Reactions: FNM and FlyinWege

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
V2 intake and Centerline Corsa Exhaust and you'll forget about the whatchmacallit you traded it for.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
"Spalanca!" According to Secondotestamale and Marchettino on YouTube. Love that guy Stefano. "I want to give you a punch!"

Just use more throttle displacement. You have to let the computer see what you want in the throttle map database grid.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts