Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We know that the Giulia is the fastest of all rivals around the Nurburgring, but Alfa wants you to know about another kind of speed they baked in.

The QV is all well and good as a halo car, but we all know that Alfa can't ride the QV to the promised land. To do that they must add refinement and responsiveness.

Which is just what they did.

In order to ensure refinement and responsiveness Alfa resorted to a unique and crude trick. Racetracks.

Each and every single interior detail has been tested on track...'WTF' you're asking.

Alfa asked all their test drivers to test each interior feature while at high speeds on track. If the features were refined and responsive enough at that speed, they'll be fine for your commute.

"Expectations for the Giulia were very high, so we decided to take a no-compromise approach,” said Inna Kondakova, interior design chief for the Giulia to Automotive News.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Because punching in an address on the navigation system while travelling a racetrack high speeds is something that your vehicle should be able to handle.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Because punching in an address on the navigation system while travelling a racetrack high speeds is something that your vehicle should be able to handle.
If it can handle it at track speeds, doesn't that bode well for when you're sipping your late in traffic?

Alfa's not using it as a selling a feature, but as an example of how extensive they tested things.

It's all about ease of use. If the systems are easy and intuitive enough to work while preoccupied with triple digit speeds they should be fine 99% of the time...

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's about the ease of using things, so you don't need to wait for a red light so you can change what ever it may be or having to pull to the side of the road. Probably why they went with a lot of touch friendly things here.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Think they're trying to convey that the company is about the finer details too. They even reduced the steering wheel diameter to make the dash more visible.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I suppose its good if they can get it to a point where it is simple and easy to use at a high speed. If it was almost impossible to use at high speeds, that would also work. The problem area is when it is usable, but not easily usable at high speeds. I think that's when people get distracted.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Think they're trying to convey that the company is about the finer details too. They even reduced the steering wheel diameter to make the dash more visible.
I think they just had to do that since the dash isn't even that big. Even still I think the wheel is too big, maybe down the road I might change it to something else but I might have to wait for something OEM i can swap on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Won't really know if the steering wheel is too big until you sit behind it but that's in 2016. Also interested to hear about any other methods of testing Alfa has done. Heard the Nissan Qashqai had the stereo blasting for 1,200 days. Maybe something similar was performed on the Giulia also.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I assume that every company does some form of testing that is along similar lines. The more transparency that companies give in regards to development, the better in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts