Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed a high pitched but fairly quiet electronic tone upon exiting the car. It stays on for about a minute. It seems to do it regardless of locking the doors. I currently have a Stelvio loaner (getting a key reprogrammed and the dealership let me borrow a Stelvio for some reason - sure, why not) and it does the same thing. Anyone have any idea what this is?

It also happens when unlocking the door either with the keyfob or by opening the door manually. In fact it seems to happen with any interaction with the car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think this is normal. Mine does it. My Audi did it. Not sure what it is, however. Hopefully someone can note what it is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bunch of electronics are working adter car is shut down. I think you are hearing the cooling pump for the turbo.
I don’t think so. It happens also when I run out to a cold car and open the door to grab my sunglasses or something. It’s definitely something coming out of a speaker and not mechanical. Again, it’s barely noticeable so if it’s some sort of indicator, it’s not a very good one.

On an unrelated note (pardon the pun), man, getting into the car in the garage and starting it without the seatbelt on is annoying. The front parking sensors and the seatbelt warning blaring at you at the same time is quite painful to listen to - I swear they are a half tone off. Why couldn’t they have used a major third or something - I mean they’re Italians.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You must be a musician lol. Yes mine does it to. As long as it doesn’t drain the battery I’m fine with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A bunch of electronics are working adter car is shut down. I think you are hearing the cooling pump for the turbo.
I don’t think so. It happens also when I run out to a cold car and open the door to grab my sunglasses or something. It’s definitely something coming out of a speaker and not mechanical. Again, it’s barely noticeable so if it’s some sort of indicator, it’s not a very good one.

On an unrelated note (pardon the pun), man, getting into the car in the garage and starting it without the seatbelt on is annoying. The front parking sensors and the seatbelt warning blaring at you at the same time is quite painful to listen to - I swear they are a half tone off. Why couldn’t they have used a major third or something - I mean they’re Italians.
The purpose is to get annoyed not entertained, reason why the notes are not accorded ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree with @Joearch and @billeee. It is the supplemental electric coolant pump circulating coolant through the turbo. It is a rather distinct, high-pitched electronic sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts