Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, I’m starting this thread to identify those owners with high mileage Giulias.

After 16 months of ownership, my Giulia just crossed the 24,000 mile mark. Other than visits for the initial service and two visits for the software updates, my Giulia has not been to dealer. It has been trouble-free and reliable in all respects since new.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Glad to see a "Positive" thread

This is refreshing. We need to hear about the successes as much attention as much as the few negative threads. Not to take anything away (please don't comment on car play since that is not this thread) I want to hear as you guys hit the higher mileage what your service cost, are you going to change spark plugs, belts and some other items according to the manual that may not need it quite according to their instructions. I am thinking there is a warning light that will be triggered at those intervals. I have a long warranty so I might have to hit those but I am a low mileage driver so your experiences will be beneficial.

Glad to see the cars are soaring to higher mileage. I guess you can say yours is fully broken in.

·
Registered
576 Posts
13,000 miles in 15 months here. Two service visits (voluntary initial oil change with software updates, and second oil change at 10,000 miles. Car has been absolutely perfect for me. Better than pretty much every prior AMG, M, Porsche I have owned.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
315 Posts
3099 miles in 8 months....lol

Either way, no issues....only a door handle light isn't working, but I will address that at the first service.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
13,000 miles in 15 months here. Two service visits (voluntary initial oil change with software updates, and second oil change at 10,000 miles. Car has been absolutely perfect for me. Better than pretty much every prior AMG, M, Porsche I have owned.
and you were nervous in the beginning ...LOL:grin2:
glad you have been enjoying the QV.....just ordered an another set of tires, went with Michelin...done with the Pirelli's after 2 sets....the CFO was freaking out at another set>:)
have to make an appointment for a voluntary oil change and that's about it! since my initial hic-cup the car has been just a hoot to drive, when I get to drive it!.. still haven't broken 10k yet. and I have had it since Dec. 2016

·
Registered
576 Posts
glad you have been enjoying the QV.....just ordered an another set of tires, went with Michelin...done with the Pirelli's after 2 sets....the CFO was freaking out at another set>:)
have to make an appointment for a voluntary oil change and that's about it! since my initial hic-cup the car has been just a hoot to drive, when I get to drive it!.. still haven't broken 10k yet. and I have had it since Dec. 2016
Wow...under 10k and two sets of tires! :surprise:

My Pirellis have been much better than expected as I think I will easily hit 14k miles. Debating another set of Corsa ARs vs the new PS4s (with upsized rears). Pity Michelin has not made the OEM rear size yet, but guessing an extra 10mm is close enough. Still absolutely adore this car. Only thing that will get me out of it is the upcoming (when?) GTV coupe. Unveiled today, and probably launching in 2025! >:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 year old and 17500 miles- no problems, np visits to service except for oil change and updates. radio stopped working today but turned off the car and it rebooted itself and is fine. love the car !

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Wow...under 10k and two sets of tires! :surprise:

My Pirellis have been much better than expected as I think I will easily hit 14k miles. Debating another set of Corsa ARs vs the new PS4s (with upsized rears). Pity Michelin has not made the OEM rear size yet, but guessing an extra 10mm is close enough. Still absolutely adore this car. Only thing that will get me out of it is the upcoming (when?) GTV coupe. Unveiled today, and probably launching in 2025! >:)
thats because of a few track days>:) I wasn't pushing like our buddy Dottore...but shredded them enough not to be street worthy....brakes however are solid...
the Pilot Super Sports are OEM and a little less $$$ than the Corsas

·
Registered
65 Posts
4400 miles in 6 months,,,,the lowest since ...... ever..............love the car but spring has me in the pick up truck doing house repair and other crap that's not as fun as spending time in my Giulia...

·
Registered
576 Posts
thats because of a few track days>:) I wasn't pushing like our buddy Dottore...but shredded them enough not to be street worthy....brakes however are solid...
the Pilot Super Sports are OEM and a little less $$$ than the Corsas
I want the latest and greatest though with PS4s. The reviews in magazines and on Tire Rack are noticeably better than the MPSS, so I could go that direction too. I had put MPSS on an AMG and they were great, but I didn’t really like them on my F80 M3. I just felt like the grip/traction wasn’t that great, but it may have just been the M3’s electronic rear differential. Definitely NOT as good at the Alfa’s in my opinion. Anyway, I’m hesitant to potentially give up the grip of the Corsa Tires.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Any Q.V. with over 10K miles. Be interested in that reliability.
100% reliable here with mine so far. Do you have the Giulia Ti or QV?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Okay what Michelin’s are you going with? We just got a flat and replacing with a new PZero but we only have 672 miles so don’t need to change more but that is coming. Which ones did you get and why? We are looking for something hopefully not much different of a ride but maybe more resistant to whatever we find in the tire.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Okay what Michelin’s are you going with? We just got a flat and replacing with a new PZero but we only have 672 miles so don’t need to change more but that is coming. Which ones did you get and why? We are looking for something hopefully not much different of a ride but maybe more resistant to whatever we find in the tire.
So I'm going with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports...not the newest design but tried & true...
I have a rule I follow when I get a new high performance car: I rarely modify it away from stock until I've played with it on the track for a bit and then I address what I want to change.
for the QV it was the tires that jumped out at me...the Corsas are very sticky, they are as close as you will get to a racing-slick with treads...problem is the tires are useless in the winter/cold/wet or any combination of the 3..and they wear really quick in the street....and has been shown they get shredded when tracking your car hard....
so I wanted to stay within the OEM sizes and I prefer Michelin to Bridgestone & Continental...
I will test these for the year street & track and see how they do...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Out of curiosity, I’m starting this thread to identify those owners with high mileage Giulias.

After 16 months of ownership, my Giulia just crossed the 24,000 mile mark. Other than visits for the initial service and two visits for the software updates, my Giulia has not been to dealer. It has been trouble-free and reliable in all respects since new.
For the record, my Giulia spends most of her driving-time on twisting back roads and has clocked up 22500 kilometres (~13000 miles) in 51 weeks. She had her first service at 16000k, and received two software updates at 20700k owing to a check engine light which locked her in N mode. All smiles... still smitten, and still running the original tyres, which look like lasting 30000+ kilometres :grin2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
10,000 miles in the first twelve months. Mine is another essentially trouble-free "unicorn".

Reactions: mc3456

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Great idea for a thread. I have a 2017 Ti Q4 with sunroof and sport package (seats,paddles, adaptivevheadlights, and 19' wheels). I have a lifetime Sirius/xm subscription on the car as the company was willing to honor a transfer of my lifetime subscription when I returned a Dieselgate Jetta. Never get that deal again. Bought an 8 yr 125000 mile warranty with the car: didn't trust Alfa...
24800 miles.
Daily driver even through a very harsh winter. Mostly problem free. Best car and most enjoyable car I have ever owned. A few novice autocrosses and a great track day at the 2017 alfa convention in Montreal. What a ready and engaging car to explore. Drive in N mode automatic usually. Love the paddleshifter for immediate downshifting for highway passing. Not so slick for engine braking: needs several clicks to drop down enough. A "pull and hold" takes when longer. On the track she can be oversteered at will but the AWD gives a little additional security at the limit: back off and she immediately gets you on line. Very very exploitable.

In the winter usually drive in A mode, but have found that D mode is fantastic for plowing through thick unplowed snow. Car doesn't worry about traction nannies in A. Having only driven FWD or my 4WD trunk in heavy snow/ ice I was surprised how this feels more "dangerous" as you can spin out in theory with too much throttle ( I haven't ever crashed or spun out on roads btw).Ultimate grip is great however, just some learning...

Really good fuel economy overall: lifetime average About 28 mpg. Even driven really aggressively I still get over 20. Fastest I' ve driven her is 135 on a barren stretch between Green Bay and Sault Saint Marie.

Issues:
Immediately after I bought her rear sunroof visor not retracting, trunk latch required adjusting to close easily, and driver seat would not save the memory position. All fixed with 24 hr at dealer.
Had a fault and switch into safe mode at the end of a trip to Montreal. Turned out to be a known software glitch that involved a fuel sender.
Feb this year had a charging system failure that resulted in the stop-start not working and the defroster and heated mirrors refusing to turn on. Turned out to be a failed component at the battery that was relaying an error to the ECU about level of Battery charge. Part changed under warranty but tookntwo trips to correctly diagnose. Car has also had a couple of software updates as they came out. Now more present memories for the infotainment and will read my iphone text pages.

I haven't done much to her: Madness Go pedal: like it a lot for fixing instant throttle needs. So worth it if you want too feel more performance or want to not downshift on the highway, but it is largely a mental calibration thing outside of this. Bought great winter wheels and tires from 1010tires: 17in FC04 with pirellis. Added Madness wheel spacers which look awesome. Most recently an ECU tune from Eurocompulsion which is noticeable in D mode but not really an impact in daily driving. Good news is it has no negatives that i can perceive at all, they give great service, and they have a plan for free P2 upgrade. Also bought a module that allowed me to access the software and turnboff the seatbelt warning chime. I use belts but just find the driveway constant chime terrible.

Will be putting Michelin PS4s on next week: intending a little more track time, not because of stock tire life. Will get the V2 intake from Eurocompulsion perhaps for Father's day...

Do differently? Wait for the active suspension/ intelligent cruise control to come out in my area. Wait for Apple carplay/android auto. But then i would have lost a fantastic year of driving....

Wish Alfa did better:
Infotainment: activate the touchpad on the dial and make it work with Apple carplay/ android auto. Head up display.
A normal gated autoshifter. The current shifter is the worst interact i have with the car on a daily basis. Cheap and flimsy, not intuitive even now. Terrible.
Less side mirror induced blind spot: yup.i can hide a car behind the passenger side mirror.
Bigger trunk. I think the trunk is unnecessarily limited by the huge transverse muffler under it. Would gladly gave traded for more sporty straight pipe sounds and a deeper trunk!! The car is packed to the gills for kids soccer trips and always tight with luggage for the airport.

I consider the Giulia Q4 the car I would recommend to anyone interested in a daily driver sport sedan. Way better than Jag or BMW or Audi to drive. Not as good as any Kia, Volkswagen or dodge for the car office/ infotainment experience.

I get constant attention, thumbs ups, and questions. Doesn't seem to give off the kind of snooty attitude that comes with a Porsche either. Why? Because it's beautiful, passionate, cool, but not out-of-my-league expensive. I love owning this car!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts