Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is common knowledge but it took me a month to find this on my QV so I thought I'd share.

There is a compartment right next to / under the steering column, above the driver's left knee, that is large enough for glasses or other such items, and is perfect for me to fit my window breaker emergency tool.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yes, it has been discussed in other threads. Big enough for sunglasses, but not a gun (according to our members from Texas).

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it has been discussed in other threads. Big enough for sunglasses, but not a gun (according to our members from Texas).
I guess that is useful information

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a carry permit, and usually always keep a firearm in my vehicles. So, it's not just Texas ;)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I stand corrected on both points!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I have a carry permit, and usually always keep a firearm in my vehicles. So, it's not just Texas ;)
It is a decent size for a .380 for sure maybe something bigger but that was including it holstered not that I would know of course, yeh sunglasses that's the ticket. But you know they say everything is bigger in Texas so maybe our guys will tell us they wouldn't think of putting a FA that size for protection :eek:) They only carry 50 Eagles

No CC rules here anymore. Wild west.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Maybe this is common knowledge but it took me a month to find this on my QV so I thought I'd share.

There is a compartment right next to / under the steering column, above the driver's left knee, that is large enough for glasses or other such items, and is perfect for me to fit my window breaker emergency tool.
I like that description. Officer: do you have any weapons Driver: You mean my "window breaker emergency tool?":grin2:

·
Registered
691 Posts
No CC rules here anymore. Wild west.
We have both...CC and open carry. You need a CC permit to have a gun in your glove box, console, under seat or on your person under a garment. But you can open carry with no permit and have a firearm laying on your seat or dash. However, that's a pretty good invitation to have your car broken into.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is it deep enough for an umbrella? That's something I've heard is useful to have in the car, in places where it rains.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is it deep enough for an umbrella? That's something I've heard is useful to have in the car, in places where it rains.
No, but a micro umbrella would probably fit in the console nicely.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
My car's "hidden" compartment must be smaller than everyone else's, as it won't accommodate my sunglass case.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
I will have to go buy an umbrella first to try it. :eek:)
Or a parasol if used only for protection from the sun. :nerd:

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
My car's "hidden" compartment must be smaller than everyone else's, as it won't accommodate my sunglass case.

Yeah, won’t fit my case either, but the glasses fit and the compartment is nicely lined with soft material so I don’t think the glasses will be damaged.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
Same here. Maybe a Derringer would fit, or perhaps brass knuckles or a switch blade (both of which are illegal to own, even though the gun is not?!).

I keep a pen, very small record book and a tire pressure gauge in there. It seems pretty full.

I thought Arizona was faster and looser with gun rules than Texas.

Just remember if you CC or open carry and are stopped by the police for anything keep your hands where they can be seen at all times, against something if possible (steering wheel, dashboard, seat back if in the rear seat) and do not make any sudden moves. Do not respond to any commands from the officer until he/she has acknowledged your proclamation that you have a weapon and has had a chance to change his/her request. Otherwise you may get shot with little or no warning, like the guy in the Youtube video last year.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Same here. Maybe a Derringer would fit, or perhaps brass knuckles or a switch blade (both of which are illegal to own, even though the gun is not?!).

I keep a pen, very small record book and a tire pressure gauge in there. It seems pretty full.

I thought Arizona was faster and looser with gun rules than Texas.

Just remember if you CC or open carry and are stopped by the police for anything keep your hands where they can be seen at all times, against something if possible (steering wheel, dashboard, seat back if in the rear seat) and do not make any sudden moves. Do not respond to any commands from the officer until he/she has acknowledged your proclamation that you have a weapon and has had a chance to change his/her request. Otherwise you may get shot with little or no warning, like the guy in the Youtube video last year.

Well said.

·
Registered
647 Posts
That hidden compartment is where I keep my stuff, man!

Reactions: MINIME
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.