Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm beyond pumped about my new car! It is beautiful on the inside and soo awesome on the outside as I'm sure you all know!

I went to the dealer just to look and walked out with the car.

My only concern was reading a review a few days later which saif to get the performance upgrade for sure and mine does not have it....:frown2:

Is this such a big deal?

Also, As it is a lease, I don't want to do too much to it in terms of customizing, but what would you recommend for low cost fum/cool upgrades....I'm probably going to tint the windows at least....

Anyway, looking forward to driving my Alpha!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

There are several aftermarket companies making performance upgrades, cosmetic bling as well as go-fast stuff. I don't want to tell that you should or should not modify your new car, you most certainly don't have to. As you're finding out, the Giulia it pretty darn good right off the showroom floor. Being a lease, you don't get to keep any of the mods when the lease is up, unless you do a buy-back later.

We have a 2017 Ti Q2 (Lusso with LSD) and have done some minor mods, but we own our car and plan on keeping her indefinitely. I didn't like the bright spoke wheels and bought new wheels & tires. I've also chipped her as well. The performance chip is nice, more power and a smoother throttle. She was perfectly drive-able before doing any upgrades though.

Whether you upgrade or not, is up to you. I always suggest driving her a while, quite a while until you get to know her. Don't change what doesn't need changing.

·
Registered
876 Posts
hey, i lease a 2017 ti, with sport package, no lsd or adaptive suspension, but still the car is awesome, i have lowered it, put an custom exhaust, intake and tune, car is amazing and super fast. anyway all my mods are returnable to stock once i bring the car back..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

There are several aftermarket companies making performance upgrades, cosmetic bling as well as go-fast stuff. I don't want to tell that you should or should not modify your new car, you most certainly don't have to. As you're finding out, the Giulia it pretty darn good right off the showroom floor. Being a lease, you don't get to keep any of the mods when the lease is up, unless you do a buy-back later.

We have a 2017 Ti Q2 (Lusso with LSD) and have done some minor mods, but we own our car and plan on keeping her indefinitely. I didn't like the bright spoke wheels and bought new wheels & tires. I've also chipped her as well. The performance chip is nice, more power and a smoother throttle. She was perfectly drive-able before doing any upgrades though.

Whether you upgrade or not, is up to you. I always suggest driving her a while, quite a while until you get to know her. Don't change what doesn't need changing.
Great advice Racer Z!

·
Registered
526 Posts
1st off, you need to learn that Alfa is spelled Alfa, not Alpha. That's good for an extra 1/2 second off your 0 to 60 time.

Sorry, couldn't resist

No big deal getting a Ti Sport, great choice! Just enjoy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts