Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time Alfa owner and racer (since retired). Bought my first Alfa, a 66 Sprint GT in '70 after coming back from Vietnam. My folks started out my Alfa history by getting a 67 Duetto new and then trading it for a new '69 GTV. I traded my GT for a used '69 Berlina, and later traded that in on a new '71 Berlina. Now, 47 years later and probably 50 Alfas later I bought my second new Alfa, a Giulia TI non sunroof, in MonteCarlo Blue with the 19" Sport package as well as the TI performance package. Makes #7 here in the household. Really enjoying the car so far and no real hiccups, although I feel that the GPS system is basically worthless after having used Audi's system in a Q5 and S5.
Amazed at how well it rides on the rough back country roads with the 19's. Taking it up to Seattle this weekend to support our local Alfa vintage racers; Mark Carpenter and Jerry Pillar, so it will be interesting to see how it works as a cruiser on the interstate. It certainly gets a lot of comments. I will also be leading a tour group in August on AROO's Monte Shelton Northwest Classic Rally, so that should be fun, too.

Stu Moss

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome. Gorgeous Giulia. After seeing every color at the local dealer, I think that MC Blue shows off the lines of the Giulia better than any other (I still had to go for the red though). Safe trip and keep posting photos!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm a long time Alfa owner and racer (since retired). Bought my first Alfa, a 66 Sprint GT in '70 after coming back from Vietnam. My folks started out my Alfa history by getting a 67 Duetto new and then trading it for a new '69 GTV. I traded my GT for a used '69 Berlina, and later traded that in on a new '71 Berlina. Now, 47 years later and probably 50 Alfas later I bought my second new Alfa, a Giulia TI non sunroof, in MonteCarlo Blue with the 19" Sport package as well as the TI performance package. Makes #7 here in the household. Really enjoying the car so far and no real hiccups, although I feel that the GPS system is basically worthless after having used Audi's system in a Q5 and S5.
Amazed at how well it rides on the rough back country roads with the 19's. Taking it up to Seattle this weekend to support our local Alfa vintage racers; Mark Carpenter and Jerry Pillar, so it will be interesting to see how it works as a cruiser on the interstate. It certainly gets a lot of comments. I will also be leading a tour group in August on AROO's Monte Shelton Northwest Classic Rally, so that should be fun, too.

Stu Moss
Where in Seattle is the event? Maybe we could meet up. I'm new to the Alfa scene and would love to talk to veteran Alfa fan. My Giulia should be out of the shop tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome Stu! After just watching the ORP video I know where I'd be heading if I lived in Oregon :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is a great set of options on your Giulia and as Vailoce points out it looks great in the MC Blue.
For me the killer issue with the navigation as it currently runs is that there is no live traffic updates which is mostly what I want out of the GPS in daily driving. And if I'm going somewhere new where I need the navigation I want it to take into account the live traffic conditions. It does better than my phone in displaying which lane to be in at complex intersections which is helpful but without live traffic isn't a useable system for me.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Nice! We both have blue Q2's! We (my wife and I) went with the cream Lusso interior, no sunroof and no dynamic driver assist. I have dark 5-holes on order, 9 inch all around.

So far, the SatNav in our Q2 is a joke. My phone does a much better job and is easier to use. The Harmon Kardon stereo is nice though. I was expecting something...more, but it's nice.

Where in Oregon are you? My brother lives in Bend. I'm in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in Canby, which is about 30 minutes south of Portland on 99E. (Just east of I-5) I haven't seen a Lusso package yet, but I think Tonkin has one now. I should go check it out. I really like the sport seats with power adjustable upper bolsters. THey have a MonteCarlo blue with the beige interior, and I really like that,too. If I had ordered one, that may have bben what I would have chosen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts