Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy to all. New member from NY. . Picked up my Giulia a few days ago.
Black/Tan, AWD, Base with options like those standard in Ti and sunroof.
Trying to post a few things that worked for me that may help others.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Buona sera Vinnie! Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
In the interest of full disclosure, don't let my "stage name" mislead. I guess my colorful name choice, just makes me a "paesano wannabe."

FNM-I'm in NYC so I don't get to I84 too often. Wish I did. You probably have much better country roads to enjoy Guilia's handling.
JKOVAL&MDriver- bought mine from stock on dealer lot (was a few hundred miles away in Pa. and a swap)......it was a bit challenging to find the color combo (tan interior in general was much tougher to find than black or red interiors). Coupled with options I was looking for (and limiting it to those or similar), it took awhile for me to find it.

Posted yesterday, my front license plate idea in a pic with explanation of how to execute(if you're interested you can search front license plate) ......I did slight adaption to the orig. idea which I can't take credit for. Another member posted it.
Sorry, I'm sure you guys are well past this stage but maybe it will help others.

I was able to implement a different idea/issue recently that may benefit some of you "seasoned" owners who have already grown "old" :smile2: with Giulia.
Will try to post in relevant thread when I get a chance.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If only we could actually get away with no front plate in NYC or other metro areas.
I have zero faith that omitting it entirely would go unticketed by the army of DOT (parking) officers or NYPD officers (who seem to be out in every nook and cranny in recent weeks/months). Never seen it this aggressive.

More importantly, I may have been unclear. The front plate idea I already posted.
The other issue/idea I was able to implement has nothing to do with front plates.
Will post it when I get a chance.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,757 Posts
Nice color combo. I was in NYC for three years back in my Saab days and don't miss driving there. Happy to be in one of those no-front-plate states, even though it seems to irk some of the folks at the US-Canadian border crossings.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
If only we could actually get away with no front plate in NYC or other metro areas.
I have zero faith that omitting it entirely would go unticketed by the army of DOT (parking) officers or NYPD officers (who seem to be out in every nook and cranny in recent weeks/months). Never seen it this aggressive.

More importantly, I may have been unclear. The front plate idea I already posted.
The other issue/idea I was able to implement has nothing to do with front plates.
Will post it when I get a chance.
I live in LA, not NY, but we have to have front plates here as well. I think, the crack down on front plates has to do with traffic cameras. The camera snaps a picture of the front of the car as it goes through a toll area, a red light or some other situation. It's very hard to dispute the camera and the city has a lot of easy revenue. Without the front plate, the traffic cameras are worthless. Yes, we can get plate tickets while parked in an otherwise legal fashion.

I have a front plate on my 4C and will have one on our Ti when it gets here. I don't see the plate while I drive, and I do not like giving my money to the courts. It's just easier for me to put on the plate and avoid the dumb stuff. I got enough problems trying to avoid speeding tickets. lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
I live in LA, not NY, but we have to have front plates here as well. I think, the crack down on front plates has to do with traffic cameras. The camera snaps a picture of the front of the car as it goes through a toll area, a red light or some other situation.
Here in Virginia, that's exactly why they are cracking down on the front plates. It used to be dealers around here (Ferrari and Porsche in particular) didn't install the plates and people just paid the occasional fine.

The problem now is that you'd get pulled over maybe once a month and there are times you just don't want to spend 15 min on this or just don't want to deal with the hassle.

So all my cars have plates now. The Alfa will look the worst yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.