Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Sport TI, 2018 Stelvio, 2017 Abarth 124 Spider.
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are planning to buy a Guilia Sport AWD in a couple of months after the snow melts and it warms up a bit. The car will be primarily hers.

My current daily driver is a 2012 500 pop, and hers is a 2014 500L easy. I also own a 2017 Abarth 124 Spider MT.

I have had a great experience with Fiat since buying the 500. The cars are reliable, fun to drive, stylish, and distinctive looking. I expect that I will have the same experience with Alfa... But with a much cooler badge! (although the Abarth scorpion is a very close second... )

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome Steve! I also got ours to replace my wife's car which I made clear gives me free license in a few years being that I don't technically have a car between our family runaround and hers ;D

Do you think you'll order or grab one from your dealer?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to order one, it looks like 3 to 4 months to get it judging from what I read here.

My wife doesn't want to wait and I get that. I ordered my Abarth 124, and it took over 10 months for it to arrive.

Problem is, the dealer only has 4 or 5 Guilias, none are sport, and all of them have black interiors. I want a red interior and a white car.

Hopefully, the dealer will have more coming in soon. We haven't gone up there yet because the dealer is over an hour away.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Steve, welcome to the forum.

Alfa of Portland (the one with 5 cars) is a good dealer, we have a lot of QV buyers on here go there because they are very aggressive on pricing. Inventory-wise they are never 'loaded' with Alfas ... My mom bought her Fiat 500 Sport there back in 2012 and they had difficulty fixing many issues on the car ... I hope you have had a different experience since then. If you are going to order a car, they will probably cut you a solid deal, but I understand it's a long time to wait. If Portland is motivated, I don't see why they couldn't do a deal with another dealership and ship whatever you want up to their dealer. There are a ton of dealers here in New England, your spec is nothing too crazy, I bet it's sitting somewhere, perhaps Kelly or Herb Chambers, etc ...

I got mine at Kelly in Danvers, they have a large inventory and had what I was looking for on the lot. They cut a very fair deal for me especially considering my trade-in. I have not taken my car there for service yet but will be by next month. We live roughly in the same area, and Kelly was only about an hour away, just in a different direction.

Max

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alfa of Portland was the place I had in mind, I bought my 124 from them. Sales is easy going, but the service is done by the Chevy garage next door. They seem to hate Fiats!

I bought my 500 and 500L from Fiat of Manchester, but sadly, they closed shop. That was the only car dealer I have liked in my entire life. That's saying something, I am in my mid 50's.

I was looking at Kelly's inventory yesterday, we probably will wind up going there to look.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got my dealer to order the exact car I wanted from another dealer 500 miles away. We found it on the internet. My dealer made it happen quickly. I paid about $300 for transportation but otherwise got the same very good purchase price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing that cracks me up is that car dealers seem to order mostly black or gray cars with black or gray interiors. Not just Alfa dealers, but all dealers no matter what the brand is.

To me, the Guilia is a sexy Italian sport sedan... Colorful fits and I would like some color. Blue or red with a tobacco interior would be nice, yellow with a black and yellow interior would be cool, perhaps even white with a red interior to match my 124.

I would order the car, but my wife is afraid it will be a 10 month wait like my 124 was. It will ultimately be her choice anyway. I just hope I can steer her to a Guilia with some color.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got Monte Carlo Blue with tan interior and all the options I wanted from a dealer 5 hours away. My dealer found it and arranged it all.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
In 2004, the US Alfa Romeo Owners Club had its National Convention in New Hampshire and they used the New Hampshire Motor Speedway for its Time Trials and Parade Laps events....that was a great track !!! Fond memories from that convention.....D

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
In 2004, the US Alfa Romeo Owners Club had its National Convention in New Hampshire and they used the New Hampshire Motor Speedway for its Time Trials and Parade Laps events....that was a great track !!! Fond memories from that convention.....D
Mt. Washington would be fun, though I'd pass on affixing the requisite sticker.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I'm expect Ken Sweet at Alfa Portland would make every effort to get you the car you want, great guy.
If the Alfa service tech is their Corvette guy maybe chevy service isn't too bad.
I really think it comes down to the individual working on the car - and if their "best" guy is dedicated to certain cars, that should be sufficient - in most situations anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm expect Ken Sweet at Alfa Portland would make every effort to get you the car you want, great guy.
If the Alfa service tech is their Corvette guy maybe chevy service isn't too bad.
I really think it comes down to the individual working on the car - and if their "best" guy is dedicated to certain cars, that should be sufficient - in most situations anyway.
I bought the Abarth 124 from Ken, he is a good guy. Kept me up to date on my car as best as he could during the 10 month + wait for it to come in.

I would be happy to buy another car from Ken, as long as he has or can get a car.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Their service is useless, the "Covette" guy thing is wishful thinking

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
not a big deal except for delivery prep for me, as I'm quite a ways away for regular service.
but I'll be paying extra attention to alignment along with tire pressures when it shows up

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I bought from Ken and got a great deal on my QV. Will I take it up there for service? Heck no, I am traveling to CT for that....

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
My wife and I are planning to buy a Guilia Sport AWD in a couple of months after the snow melts and it warms up a bit.
When the snow returns, you and your wife will learn what a superb winter driver the AWD Giulia is.

I'd enjoy repeating the winter I spent further north in NH with a Giulia as my mount.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts