Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Sport
37 Posts
Hi. New Alfa owner here. Went shopping for a Renault Sport Megane, came home with a Giulia!
The car is an Alfa Rosso Sport - used but in fantastic condition.
Hi Snibbo. Nice to meet you. I also live in Melbourne and own a Giulia Sport. I have changed the rear diffuser so that it now has a twin exhaust and quite a bit louder than the stock version. I get a buzz every time I drive it. One of the best looking cars on the road. My 3rd Alfa (previously owned a GT and a Brera) but the Giulia is the first one that drives even better than it looks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi. New Alfa owner here. Went shopping for a Renault Sport Megane, came home with a Giulia!
The car is an Alfa Rosso Sport - used but in fantastic condition.
Welcome! A Giulia is a very different machine from a Renault Sport Megane... how exactly did that happen?!

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
422 Posts
Good question from @mentalblank. I have driven the Renault a few times (a mate has one) and its enjoyable but I don't see a direct line that gets you from one to the other. There must be a story to this.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...
I had a budget of around 40k and had aspired to own a RS for a long time. I thought that I might look at other options at the same time for fun. On the day, I drove the Alfa first and was really taken by it. I then drove the RS. The whole time I was in it I was grinning madly and having a blast. When i got home I started thinking about how I wanted to drive. The Alfa seemed more in line with how I felt including having a more classy feel. In some ways the RS seemed a little 'boy-racer' to me.
I am exploring it still, but the Alfa is plenty sporty for me and I am loving being in it. I surprised myself with the way I went too.

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
422 Posts
@Snibbo Agree with your thoughts about it being a bit boy racer- part of the appeal. The mate i referred to has had three- the Sport I (the one with the strange rear end), the Sport II (the Coupe one - I think the 265 version) and the current Sport III. I drove the current one a few weeks ago and it is a major improvement on the earlier versions - like I said its an enjoyable car to drive but....not a Giulia.

Good luck with the purchase - see you around town maybe at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts