Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. First post here.

I've been shopping for a car for the past couple of months. I had no idea that Alfa had returned to the US market with a 4 door sedan until I saw a tv add during the Tony's. I wasn't feeling the A4 / A5 or the BMW 3-Series so decided to go test drive the Alfa. Much to my surprise it was a totally different car than the Alfa's I'd driven in the early 2000s as rentals in Europe. A much better ride and a great compromise between sport and practicality.

Today I bit the bullet and purchased one from the dealership in McKinney. They have to get it from another dealer so hoping to have it in the next couple of days. Super excited! Not excited about the 30 mile drive to the dealership from Dallas so crossing my fingers the automobile will be fairly trouble free!

I went with the following configuration:

Giulia Ti
Vesuvio Grey with Black / Red Interior

Ti 19inch sport with Dark 5-hole
Ti Performance package
Leather Package
Driver Assistance Static and Dynamic plus
Sunroof
High Performance Bi-Xenon Headlamps
8.8 with nav
Harmon Kardon

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats. The Giulia is a truly awesome car. Pure Alfa.

I have 11,300 flawless miles on my Q4. Absolutely no issues and the Dealer has been excellent.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

So you're getting the Q2 version of the Giulia Ti. Nice!

We have a Q2 as well. Very nice driver. You'll love her.

·
Registered
420 Posts
How come I have not seen any of y'all that have posted lately as being in the DFW area? Let's get out there and drive.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome! Those red/black/gray combos are awesome.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome :)

So you're getting the Q2 version of the Giulia Ti. Nice!

We have a Q2 as well. Very nice driver. You'll love her.
Yes I went with the Q2. I considered the Q4 but for me it came down to which car had the colors and options I wanted without ordering.

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! I got my Giulia Ti Q2 from the same dealer one week ago. I live in Oak Cliff so I know your pain on the drive up to McKinney. I have seen a few people from the area posting but still have not seen another Giulia on the road here.

Enjoy the new car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, Dallas from Austin. I'm ordering your exact configuration except white. I agree the black/red with the biohazard wheels is the most striking combination in the Giulia, but black is just too hard to keep for me. I have what Alfa calls Dynamic Assist and would not have any car without based on my experience.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I took delivery today. I'm already in love. I didn't want to park her in the garage. I just wanted to keep driving! I traded my 2013 A6. The Guilia is so much more agile. Such a better driving experience.

I checked the tire pressure before leaving the dealership thanks to the warning on this board and they were indeed at 60psi. They also ran an update while they were changing the tire pressure. Apparently the dealership they traded with said they had already done the pre-delivery but had not.

Attachments

Reactions: ybba

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats :grin2:

Good job on the tires.
Thank you! The tires were blind luck I must admit. I knew nothing of staggered tires or how people seem to prefer them on the Giulia. They just happened to be on the car the dealer located. Very happy that they were included. In fact I was extremely lucky as the car I got was exactly what I would have ordered had I done a custom order. First time that has ever happened in all my years of buying a car!

I'm totally in love with this car by the way. I keep looking for excuses to drive it lol.

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
210 Posts
Welcome! I just picked up a Giulia Ti and I'm in DFW as well. See you around! Dave

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome! I just picked up a Giulia Ti and I'm in DFW as well. See you around! Dave
I'll keep my eyes out for that beautiful red!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Working with the new West Fort Worth Dealership (they bought it a week ago) to get a Giulia. I know what I want...but there are just 4 close to it in the US, and all in Cali. Order wait time is 4-6 months, so it's off the lot for me. My choices are Alfa Black or White, both with the sunroof. Without the sunroof, I think I'd go white, but with the sunroof, it may have to be black. The East Fort Worth Dealership (also changed hands) has a Alfa Red/Red in the same configuration (except it adds an engine block heater...really!), but it's just too much red. Seen none in the wild, will advise on my result sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Black on Black it is...Sport Exterior, so do I debadge the GIULIA to make it almost pure black? Or does someone make a flat black GIULIA logo yet? Pick it up Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Black on Black it is...Sport Exterior, so do I debadge the GIULIA to make it almost pure black? Or does someone make a flat black GIULIA logo yet? Pick it up Tuesday.
The Quad uses black logos while the 2.0 uses color logos. Just a thought.

The color center cap is from the Ti and the black center cap is from the Quad.
My Ti came with the bright wheels and I put the dark wheels on it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Just saw the black centercaps, nice...might have to pop for some. I'm getting the sport exterior (dark grey 18"s), so the black and white caps might do nicely.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts