Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arese (Milan) is the Home of Alfa Romeo and of the relative museum, a must see, go to Louvre (Paris) or Uffizi (Florence) for paintings, come to Alfa museum for Cars. :smile2:
I’m following the site since the beginning, I love Alfa Romeo, has been part of my life: father, sister and brother in law worked there.
Just to give an idea of my cars:
Alfausd, Lancia Prisma, Alfa 164, Lancia Thema, Alfa 164 (Another), Alfa 166, Lancia Kappa, Alfa 166 (Another) Alfa GT, Alfa Brera, Alfa Giulietta QV, Maserati Ghibli
Now I have the Ghibli only because the Giulia was not available yet :frown2:, but it’s the next one when the current leasing will be over.
Wife’s car: Alfa 145, Alfa 159 plus several Fiat
Let me give my two cents on reliability, I see so many discussion about it, in Milan I have 15 dealers in 10 miles, Service centers 3 times more, I can walk to the nearest it's only 500 meters, so reliability is also a matter of how close the service is… therefore more Alfa will be sold in US more service you will get.
Italians are leaders in pleasure of life: Food, Art, Beauty, Fashion, Creativity, and … The most beautiful and performing cars
Germans are leader in efficiency, organization, reliability, etc..
When you choose a car it depends on who you are and what you want. Quirks? Who care! Usually I list all of them and at the first regular service (each 20.000 Kilometers) they fix it.
In 42 years, only one time (power steering on 164, TRW component by the way) I had to call the tow truck.
How many artist do you know from Switzerland and Germany ? Are these country famous for creativity and beauty ? Beauty and creativity are incompatible with extreme efficiency, precision and organization, the mindset it’s different.
Let me explain: if Monica Bellucci (Famous Italian actress) will say me: we can stay together but 5 days a year you need to bring me to hospital, is it Ok? Subscribed!0:)
Who buy an Alfa Romeo likes beauty, performance, innovation and….driving… see the other cars in the mirror :smile2:, in one word: Emotions.
The Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio is a piece of art, and I’ll see it in the Alfa museum in the future.
Ciao
Alfahome

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
We went to the old museum, probably 1989, and were informed it was closed for the day; it was suggested we come back the following day. We said that sadly we couldn't, being foolish American tourists who had just driven from Switzerland, and were on our way to Venice for the night. The gentleman opened the doors, and we were the only ones there, unattended. Quite amazing.

We have had many similar experiences in Italy, and love it - although like most everywhere, the more touristy areas have lost that sort of friendliness.

I've had 4 Alfas, rented a 164 on a subsequent Italy trip, and a Brea in England, and agree that they don't have any more quirks or issues than anything else. Planning on a Stelvio Quadrifoglio being the 5th.

Welcome

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Benvenuto!

I am planning on a trip to the museum next year, hopefully my Quadrifoglio would have arrived by then.......

·
Registered
167 Posts
Alfahome - you have summarised perfectly how I feel about cars and Alfa Romeo. You have also perfectly described why Italy is perhaps my favourite country in the planet. There may be beaucracy and inefficiency and some economic challenges in Italy today, but it's still a place where the enjoyment of life, family, food and lifestyle is still held highest if all. Whilst the rest of the world is becoming more materialistic, efficient and everyone is miserably working 69 hours a week and getting 2 weeks holiday a year, Italians are still mostly living by the mandate of "la dolce vita". Long may it last. It probably won't last forever but while it does I'd like a little slice of Italian passion sitting in my garage on the other side if the world (New Zealand)...

·
Registered
646 Posts
My close friend lives in Como about 20 minutes from the museo. We were visiting the area right before the museo opened, and I'm sad I could not go! Hopefully I'll get back next year to see.

I'm always jealous because he goes to Villa d'Este every year and sees the coolest cars.

By the way, my friend has (for lack of a better word) a large bed and breakfast in the area with private apartments. If anyone is interested in the Como area, it's the way to go. Just PM me and I'll get you more info.

He's also a HUGE Alfa fan and I just helped him ship his 1963 1600 Spider from Florida to Italy. He's taking it to Florence for a full restoration. He has a few Spiders as well.

Great dude, great House in Italy and huge Alfa nut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AR Museum & Giulia
As you know the first day of a new Alfa Romeo era is strictly connected with the launch of Giulia QV
The first link is the official presentation of the Giulia held at museum.. The second is the best snapshot I found of the museum tour for who will not be able to visit it. The 3rd is the Museum link.

https://www.museoalfaromeo.com/en-us/Pages/MuseoStoricoAlfaRomeo.aspx
What is impressive visiting the museum is the “Wall of races victories” huge!!!
If you have the chance to spend some time in Europe come to visit Italy, In Arese where the renovated museum is located you can find also the historic Alfa Romeo track and you can use it!
The most common cities visited in Italy are Rome, Venice and Florence, of course but Milan it’s not so bad… :)
Some pictures

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.