Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there from Orlando, FL, USA! I'm not yet an owner of a Giulia but I've dreamed of owning one for about a year and a half. I became sick of German cars which - I think - are about as lifeless and sterile as a machine can be. I'm so glad AR came back to the States!! I have a conundrum, however; I'm a father of 2 young children and no respectable car seat can fit in the back seat of this thing. Any idea of AR will release a larger sedan in the foreseeable future? The Stelvio kind of stinks with regards to space, too, and I don't really want an SUV anyway. Y'all hear any rumors? Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Last I heard, Alfa Romeo was readying a larger sedan but there hasn't been much information about it since last year. Maybe it has been put on the back burner or scrapped for all we know.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
The purported launch date for a larger Alfa Romeo sedan seems to change every other month. There have been several posts on this forum related to that and to other new AR vehicles.
This is the last one I recall seeing which reported that a larger sedan to compete in the BMW 5-series class has been delayed until 2021. I've seen other articles similarly discussing a delay due to declining sales in the sedan market.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.d...de&Type=ALFA&ID=3197327&Selected=3&class=3911

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a 11 month old granddaughter and am able to fit a decent Graco car seat in my Giulia back seat rear facing. I biught an expensive Recaro that is huge and does not fit. It woukd fit front facing. Now i have to try and sell the Recaro.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 11 month old granddaughter and am able to fit a decent Graco car seat in my Giulia back seat rear facing. I biught an expensive Recaro that is huge and does not fit. It woukd fit front facing. Now i have to try and sell the Recaro.
Good to know. These seats nowadays are mini-fortresses and are therefore gargantuan. Fortunately one kid will be forward-facing soon. It's the younger one I'm more worried about. I'm hoping to see a larger sedan soon but am not so hopeful about it. We'll see!! Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If they are forward facing, the Diono Radian R120 is an excellent seat and would fit nicely. I also own three Recaros and would never buy them again due to recalls and the CR fiasco. Also have a Chicco Nextfit, which is a nice seat although pretty bulky, but good for rear or forward facing. How old are your kids?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts