Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Not going to compare the US Midwest (Chicago/Wisconsin/etc.) to Canadian winters but we definitely need to address this as well. I'll post back if my dealer finds anything.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
Not ready to panic yet. Would like to purchase in October or early November and install before US Thanksgiving. Come on, Tire Rack!

Reactions: MakeitRain

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Nokian Hakkapelitas should be available. May need to downsize for it.
That's fine. I wouldn't mind going to 18" or even 17" so long as speedometer accuracy is not grossly compromised.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had no problems locating rubber, much harder to find wheels.
I see lots of reasonably priced wheels with fitting params for Saab 9-3 but I'm not 100% sure that will work.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
I had no problems locating rubber, much harder to find wheels.
My experience as well. Given how long the car has been on sale in Europe, availability shouldn't be such an issue.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey all....I'm deciding on getting Giulia in 2018 (late) but can't decide on a QV vs. Ti AWD. I'll be driving quite a bit and living in north of Toronto, Ontario the snow can be a bit of a handful. Logically the Ti AWD would be a better option....

That being said the issue of proper snow tires should be addressed. Curious what solutions people have found and how do they look? I personally would buy a set of the dark turbine wheels and slap some good ol' snow rubber on it.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Hey David - welcome! Been discussed a few times here and I think the general consensus is how you're going to use the car. Although possible the QV wouldn't be the most practical but even owning the Q4, I tell the wife to use the SUV if she 'has' to venture out in it. You know the weather and what it's like so just ask yourself do you want to be driving a super sexy car through it and risk racking it (one with 500+hp and RWD) at 'any' time :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey all....I'm deciding on getting Giulia in 2018 (late) but can't decide on a QV vs. Ti AWD. I'll be driving quite a bit and living in north of Toronto, Ontario the snow can be a bit of a handful. Logically the Ti AWD would be a better option....

That being said the issue of proper snow tires should be addressed. Curious what solutions people have found and how do they look? I personally would buy a set of the dark turbine wheels and slap some good ol' snow rubber on it.
As current owner of base Q4 living north of TO here is my input.
If I would have 110k+ to drop on car I would go for QV no question, proper winter tires, say Nokian or similar, should do it as for any other sport car. BUT! I would never use QV during winter time to just preserve car's condition, maybe it is just me. Winter beater would be the answer. And that would be not so exiting compromise, which brings us to Ti AWD or RWD as a another option :) You can enjoy your Giulia all year long :)
Maybe some day lottery win will put QV in my garage as a weekend fun car. Unfortunately it is suicide in Ontario to track your car coze insurance companies just will hunt you down. Life is tough for car guy in People's republic of Ontario.

·
Registered
537 Posts
We have a winter tire/wheel package available in our parts dept. not sure of the specifics but I believe they’re 18’s and look very close to OE wheels. $2k I think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts