Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered back in April and was among the first for an '18 model. Dealer website has indicated "This vehicle in transit" for seemingly an eternity. Word from FCA/Alfa customer service a few weeks ago was that it would be at the dealer 2-4 weeks from Nov. 12. So we'll see. Earlier this week they told me there was a delay with certifications in Maryland, presumably at some holding area outside the port of Baltimore. Then some vague promise of expediting this for me.

Anyone know if this is common with other Euro brands, or is this an Italian thing?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hehe, around a cafe table talking about Calcio, "far niente." :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ordered mine July 15th. I did get word from AlfaCares here that it was supposed to hit San Diego on the 27th, but since then no new news. Customer service online has nothing for me. Hard when you want to sell a car privately--how in the world do I orchestrate timing with no information?

·
Registered
321 Posts
quadster, its worth the wait. if you look at though the forum my car was ordered in feb. got to port on july 17th i got the car on sept 9th arrived at dealer on he 8th. i guess after the little problem they had with some of the cars Alfa going though car with a fine tooth comb.hopefully you get it before the holidays.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes we all know it's worth the wait. We just don't know what the wait is for now. Peter's ETA for my car was 12/1 dealer. It's now the 11th.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yes we all know it's worth the wait. We just don't know what the wait is for now. Peter's ETA for my car was 12/1 dealer. It's now the 11th.
Like John, my original ETA from Pieter was 12/1. My updated ETA window is 12/12-12/18 from the dealer. I think they must take the current day and add a week and that becomes the sliding ETA window. When it gets here, it gets here.

·
Registered
526 Posts
At least Alfa is consistent. Ordered mine 12-23 and after being "stuck in port" for a month the dealer called
Alfa really needs to work on this though, its very annoying. I almost cancelled my order and then it just appeared...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yeah and I suppose there was a weather delay this past weekend but seriously...I was hoping to get it into the garage before the dang snow! Whine whine, I know but it only take 2 hours to drive up from NYC. I like how my car is on the Central Alfa Romeo of Norwood page with first gray, then rosso comp, body. Stock pic still has gray wheels so you know it's a file photo. Still in Transit. Should also be listed as SOLD! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still waiting. Between the dealer and Alfa central I've gotten nothing but vague answers for more than a month. Both have promised to call me back this week. Still waiting. They referred to "certification" and "software updates" but I've been hearing that for 30+ days now. While I'm not in a particular rush, the delay is making me nervous and I'm wondering if they're cloaking some serious issues, or perhaps the car was damaged in transit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts