Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I guess at the end of the day a car is not a financial investment. An investment in fun and emotional involvement - yes!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I guess at the end of the day a car is not a financial investment. An investment in fun and emotional involvement - yes!
Agreed. I fully expect my QV to depreciate like a mofo when I get it... and I don't care one bit. I'm not buying it to be frugal, or with an eye towards future prospective buyers. I'm not buying it to keep it in a garage with a cover on it and take it out for a few weekends during the summer every year. This car is for me. I want to drive an incredible car every day, and I've earned it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well they are asking for 98 "or best offer". So there is the possibility it'll sell for less than the asking price.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
They are speculating. It's called an "ask" and what follows is a "bid," more or less... in auctions not the stock market though they are similar. 10K appreciation on a quirky 2017 is a little rich. Put a depsit on a 2018 build at Miller Motorcars in CT, home of the original Luigi Chinetti Motors, first US importer of Ferraris and save your 10K.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Agreed. I fully expect my QV to depreciate like a mofo when I get it... and I don't care one bit. I'm not buying it to be frugal, or with an eye towards future prospective buyers. I'm not buying it to keep it in a garage with a cover on it and take it out for a few weekends during the summer every year. This car is for me. I want to drive an incredible car every day, and I've earned it.
this ^ is what these cars are about, love to hear that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.