Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imagine Toyota knows that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What's with the padding under the left blower. lol
Inspiration is everywhere.

Yes, 2018 Camry. The identification of the Camry picture says it was taken at January's Detroit Auto Show.

Attachments

Reactions: FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Lol spot on. How does that pass any kind of consumer testing process (assume they don't have one). Guess if you're sitting in traffic, roasting hot you can rest your face on it while huffing the vent... the new head of Camery thought it was a good idea at least

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh Toyota....
My parents' Corolla from 88 had an ugly little 7-segment LCD clock with an H and an M button for adjusting the time... apparently they originally bought 2 billion of them, because they keep including it in their cars.

Notice how perfectly it goes with the touchscreen in the image below..... :D Has anyone been in a model newer than 2014? Is it still there?

(You'll have to paste this into your browser yourself, I can't post links or images yet.)
image.automotive.com/f/toyota-corolla-2014-first-drive/52934861/2014-toyota-corolla-clockjpg.jpg

Reactions: FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Oh Toyota....
My parents' Corolla from 88 had an ugly little 7-segment LCD clock with an H and an M button for adjusting the time... apparently they originally bought 2 billion of them, because they keep including it in their cars.

Notice how perfectly it goes with the touchscreen in the image below..... :D Has anyone been in a model newer than 2014? Is it still there?

(You'll have to paste this into your browser yourself, I can't post links or images yet.)
image.automotive.com/f/toyota-corolla-2014-first-drive/52934861/2014-toyota-corolla-clockjpg.jpg
Totally agree. I looked at the 'premium' Highlander when I was test driving SUVs.. I look over and see the same flipping window controls that were in my dads 1990s Carina! Sure the parts are second to none in reliabilty but at least put a different facia on it... just don't paint it red ;)

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wasn't a Lexus SC300 or SC400 the last car to have a cassette player? Who will be the last to have a CD player? Could do worse than putting money on Toyota.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts