• Production 1500 TRX
  • New Promaster City
  • New mid-size truck not for the US

Some slides:

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I'll do a Giulia LWB! I do hope they boost power, though.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
615 Posts
But will they be able to track all those new vehicles any better than tody?

Reactions: lockem

·
Registered
402 Posts
I guess no Alfetta then?:(
LWB versions of Giulia are probably for China, they seem to be crazy about that for some reason
The Chinese auto market is strange. People in China perfer to be driven in the car. Which is odd, why buy a Giulia then? A lot of manufacturers make an "extended" wheelbase for China, and some make it to the US (Volvo S 60 extended wheel base, etc.).

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The GTV sounds great but will probably be even heavier than the sedan with being a hybrid, prob crazy fast in a straight line but heavy for the track.

The 8c is like a bigger 4c with a hybrid drivetrain . Kinda sounds like a 488 hybrid with more carbon construction. Looking at $120k+?

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,333 Posts
I wonder, if by having options for LWB, they might be spreading themselves too thin? Also, seems pointless for a brand know for being driver-focused IMHO.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I wonder, if by having options for LWB, they might be spreading themselves too thin? Also, seems pointless for a brand know for being driver-focused IMHO.
Not really. Going LWB is pretty cheap from a developmental standpoint and allows them to use the driver focused vehicles as a basis for bigger ones for people that don’t care and just want the badge and/or styling. Having three SUV lines is probably more cause for concern for spreading themselves too thin but the market wants what the market wants. The Stelvio turned out pretty great so you can only hope the new models are nice too.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
An Ariel Atom is driver-focused, no debating that. Perhaps the Giulia is too much already, you know what I'm saying?

Obviously at some point, the wheelbase length becomes problematic, but would an extra 3" or 4" destroy the driving dynamics? 114" or 115" would put a Giulia LWB in the same place as an M5, S6, or CTS V, which are certainly very capable formats even without the Alfa magic, so I think there's plenty of reason to believe they can pull off a category killer that's every bit as driver-centric as Giulia.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Not really. Going LWB is pretty cheap from a developmental standpoint and allows them to use the driver focused vehicles as a basis for bigger ones for people that don’t care and just want the badge and/or styling.
Looking at the offering of vehicles with wheelbases longer than Giulia, which is already LWB by comparison to a 911 (Giulia is over a foot longer!), there are plenty of people who care a great deal about performance beyond the arbitrary 111" Giulia standard you've presumed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The LWB variants are for the Chinese market. They have drivers there for wealthier people and the owner sits in the back. Same reason there is the LWB 3-series BMW (in the US market it is used on the 3-GT series cars).

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,333 Posts
I guess what i'm getting at is it seems like too many variations/options for the manufacturing capacity. But i suppose they see value in adding this option. so nevermind

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I guess no Alfetta then?/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
LWB versions of Giulia are probably for China, they seem to be crazy about that for some reason
The Chinese auto market is strange

. People in China perfer to be driven in the car. Which is odd, why buy a Giulia then? A lot of manufacturers make an "extended" wheelbase for China, and some make it to the US (Volvo S 60 extended wheel base, etc.).
Yeah I am aware of that, all Germans come in LWB too, A4, Passat, etc.jist for their market.... it is in general weird market, Buick is the status symbol and Audis are government vehicles like Chevys here lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
I guess what i'm getting at is it seems like too many variations/options for the manufacturing capacity. But i suppose they see value in adding this option. so nevermind

Alfa's Cassino factory capacity is something like 1000 cars a day... I bet they're only using 35-40% of that right now.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Most manufacturers make those LWB for China right there in China....most likely we will never see LWB Giulia in US or EU....then there is also the fascist transfer of technology that produces numerous other cars, I believe Trumpchi (I am not even kidding) was a chinese body with Alfa chassis (one of older Alfas) all made there just for Chinese market

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Maybe the LWBs will be a Maserati chassis adapted for Alfas? So the new design development will actually be a Maserati effort with the Alfa adaptation riding along for the Chinese market? A la 8C?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Somewhat of a disappointment.
They do not need faster and more expensive cars (the giulia qv is in a sweet spot). They need entry level engines, especially as they want to scrap diesel engines.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 86 Posts