Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t understand how this happened, being that the car is not that low, but I went down a small ramp and heard a scrape, happened a few times before and turns out it was just the mud flaps by the wheel, this time I checked and it was the actual bottom part of the bumper. Anyone know where I can get some paint or a paint kit to fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bought montecarlo blue from touchupdirect just in case:

TUPAINT-113797-PEN-ESSENTIAL Alfa Romeo Touch Up Paint - Montecarlo Blue Metallic PBS

Check if they have ur color.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Don’t understand how this happened, being that the car is not that low, but I went down a small ramp and heard a scrape, happened a few times before and turns out it was just the mud flaps by the wheel, this time I checked and it was the actual bottom part of the bumper. Anyone know where I can get some paint or a paint kit to fix this?
Aaaaiigh! So sorry. There is a small chip in paint on my door edge. Probably from transport. My dealer is gonna get me some touch up paint. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's right! The dealer also offered to get me some touch up but I had already ordered this one. No chips. Just got it for future.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I might get that done by a pro. Did you lease or buy?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I've done it twice (though in fairness I don't know how the first happened so might not have been me :)) First time I repaired it myself and wasn't happy at the job but delayed taking it to the shop as I was doing a track day then it happened again! I put it down to learning what you can and can't get away with. I know your eyes will be attracted to it and you'll be in a mad rush but sometimes it pays to have a beer and relax. Get it done in the start of summer IMO esepcially with winter en route :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've done it twice (though in fairness I don't know how the first happened so might not have been me :)) First time I repaired it myself and wasn't happy at the job but delayed taking it to the shop as I was doing a track day then it happened again! I put it down to learning what you can and can't get away with. I know your eyes will be attracted to it and you'll be in a mad rush but sometimes it pays to have a beer and relax. Get it done in the start of summer IMO esepcially with winter en route :)
My eyes won’t be attracted to it but my mind will and knowing it’s there will bother me. It is under the bumper so you can’t see it unless you are laying on the floor and peek your head under the car a little. The car still looks spotless, the front, sides, everything. The bottom of the bumper got the scratch and I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t lay on the ground and looked for it. A lot of people are telling me to not fix it because bottom scrapes are typical and are bound to happen again but my OCD is killing me.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
That’s exactly what I meant, despite not being seen I find myself getting low to see if it could be seen for various angles, it’s the mental battle. Didn’t know it was a lease so I’d say leave it too (assuming that advise about scrapes is correct)

·
Registered
641 Posts
As ^^^^ said. Just scraped my newly repaired Quad in the same spot going into my driveway because someone was parked close and I couldn't get the good angle in. Got the brand new splitter and the underside of the fender. Can't see it without laying down. It WILL happen again sometime and you know...I'm at peace with it.

I even put a slight crease and knocked a chip of paint off the front passenger side fender (very visible) reversing out of my garage, which is super tight because of fridge on one side and an old stored coffee table on the other. I have about 4 inches of clearance on each side. It's not getting into the space, it's getting out when I have to turn the wheel to make sure the wing mirror doesn't hit the side of the garage entrance.

I might repair that one sometime, but I'm not letting any of that interfere with my love of the car and the driving experience. It's akin to that mole on your face that you think everyone is looking at, but really only you notice it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts