Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not my first post I want to put here but please contact me or the police directly.

417-761-1383....Tommy

stolen from Schlafly bottle works in Maplewood Mo

madness exhaust
Nero package
Tinted windows
Black spoiler

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,826 Posts
Oh, crap. I was in Maplewood on Monday, shopping for our college student. Can never have too many pillows or artificial plants. Good luck finding your gorgeous car undamaged.

Reactions: DEEZZ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow, heartbreaking. I live here in the STL area and am constantly checking the marketplace/ craigslist/etc for stuff. If i see or hear anything I'll definitely let you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I had planned for my first post to be my before and after too.

literally got it out of the shop Friday, and had new drilled and slotted brakes, Michelin GT4s all the way around, Madness exhaust, and Madness full air intake system. Waited 3 months on the exhaust to get it all done at the same time.
Had less then 100 miles on the new parts and 34k on the odometer.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Yeah I had planned for my first post to be my before and after too.

literally got it out of the shop Friday, and had new drilled and slotted brakes, Michelin GT4s all the way around, Madness exhaust, and Madness full air intake system. Waited 3 months on the exhaust to get it all done at the same time.
Had less then 100 miles on the new parts and 34k on the odometer.
dont forget Your wife’s 3 karat wedding ring and the $14k in cash you just put into your gym bag that was in the trunk. Damn. At least it’s covered by insurance.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have to ask this, but ever think one of the shops that did your work are involved? I had a Honda CRX, that drove like one fast ass go cart. I had half shafts changed, new tires and a free flow exhaust installed. The guy bringing it in the bay at that last shop, chirped the tires on accident but you could see was impressed. Picked the car up and it flew and sounded like a jewel. 10 days later, it was taken off my driveway without a sound. The cop asked me if I had recent work done and gave my address. Yes on both. Turns out they make a copy of the key and pay a visit. Last I ever heard from that car.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
So sorry for your loss. How can one start it without the proximity key? I guess that one could use the long bolt to unlock the trans and get it into neutral. Then tow it away? Must be one smart thief.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Long story short....I went in to pee, wife and kids were still getting out, wife’s key AND purse full of her typical wife type contents still in car(why spare key in purse not on key hook in house for spare keys idk but that’s here nor there and IN NO WAY HER FAULT) thieves take car!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Long story short....I went in to pee, wife and kids were still getting out, wife’s key AND purse full of her typical wife type contents still in car(why spare key in purse not on key hook in house for spare keys idk but that’s here nor there and IN NO WAY HER FAULT) thieves take car!
I mean no disrespect and I’m being sincere but anyone who leaves a purse in car in 2020 is definitely at fault. With all the scumbags, opportunists and drug addicts who break into cars for ashtray change it’s a bad idea to leave anything in car period, at anytime, In any neighborhood. I know I know it was an accident and it shouldn’t have to be like that if people respected each other but unfortunately people don’t respect each other in last 20 years America anymore. I think at this point you shouldn’t even want the car back. God knows what they will do to it. inside and out. Your best bet is to find it burned in a peaceful Alfa lives matter Protest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I mean no disrespect and I’m being sincere but anyone who leaves a purse in car in 2020 is definitely at fault. With all the scumbags, opportunists and drug addicts who break into cars for ashtray change it’s a bad idea to leave anything in car period, at anytime, In any neighborhood. I know I know it was an accident and it shouldn’t have to be like that if people respected each other but unfortunately people don’t respect each other in last 20 years America anymore. I think at this point you shouldn’t even want the car back. God knows what they will do to it. inside and out. Your best bet is to find it burned in a peaceful Alfa lives matter Protest.
I don’t disagree with you in anyway shape or form. That is one of those”pick your battles” type of situations. If I had a nickel for every time the statement of “you don’t need your purse, leave it at home” or “just grab your Wristlet and carry it with you” I’d be paying cash for a Quad today. In this instance we have been married two weeks and it was her birthday, so my being a know it all and paranoid was lax for the sake of harmonious matrimony of her birthday celebration.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It's humanly impossible to be absolutely vigilant at all times, regardless of the threats or environment. It's just a damn shame that there are constantly people that look to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
32 Posts
This is how almost every car gets broken into or stolen from where I live these days.

They basically go up and down the streets at night yanking on doorhandles, if a car doesn't open they just move to the next. Most of the time they just rummage through the console and trunk, but occasionally they take off with the car.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I don’t disagree with you in anyway shape or form. That is one of those”pick your battles” type of situations. If I had a nickel for every time the statement of “you don’t need your purse, leave it at home” or “just grab your Wristlet and carry it with you” I’d be paying cash for a Quad today. In this instance we have been married two weeks and it was her birthday, so my being a know it all and paranoid was lax for the sake of harmonious matrimony of her birthday celebration.
This is a blessing for you. I would stop posting though lol. Less spoken is better in these situations. I will admit I don’t surround myself with the most savory of characters at times. The oldest trick is to have a wedding, contractors, caterers over house Setting up tables etc, 150 wedding guests. People in and out all day and night then poof! You notice a month later The insured jewelry and Valuables are missing. The old my grandmas Tiffany birthstone ring, the great grandmas broach she wore to Ellis island etc. Too late and too many people to contact. So insurance pays for wedding cost.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
This sucks. sorry you had such bad luck. I torture myself with all kinds of security and safety measures. Driveway ramps, mirror hanger placard from my Pursuit system. Tiny crack rolled up windows. Massive key in pockets flopping around in khakis, trickle charger every night. Front and back visor screens, car cover, cover cords with slipknots and on and on... Was this at work or a liquor store? Liquor store has gotta be way high on threat list next to gas stations and convenience stores.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts