Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone the car I purchased from an insurance auction came with no key I have purchased a new key fob and tried to get the dealer to program it. They couldn't. Because their system couldn't communicate with my car And charged me anyway. I was upset and didn't want to run further diagnosis with them. I looked under the fuse panel and it appears I am missing the bcm fuse. Here is a picture attached. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it appears I am missing the fuse it's supposed to be third down from the top right a 30 amp fuse.

If I replace the fuse and that corrects the problem can a locksmith program a blank key fob without having the original? Or is that dealer only??

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you seem to be missing a lot of fuses and relays;)

To program the key(s) you would need the car codecard, which probably only the dealer has access to....
Can you point me to which are missing that would be helpful thank you. I was under the impression that most that are not in there are just empty slots for other cars that have the applicable options.

The dealer said I need a key code which they can provide. I was told I can program the key with a special software that I can program on my laptop?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,440 Posts
Perhaps try a different dealer?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Can you point me to which are missing that would be helpful thank you. I was under the impression that most that are not in there are just empty slots for other cars that have the applicable options.

The dealer said I need a key code which they can provide. I was told I can program the key with a special software that I can program on my laptop?
A lot of them are, but in the pdf you can see what each does..... Some are specific to 2.2 diesel or 2.9 Q
Re programming keys, yes you need the electronic keycode. For other Alfa models you can use MultiEcuScan ( MES link ), however, looking at this, it doesn't yet? seem to support key programming for Stelvio/Giulia....
Dealer would use the specific tool Witech
For later cars (2018 onwards) for any other tool then the dealer one, you would also need a SGW bypass to write to the car via OBD

Not sure if AlfaOBD supports key programming, you could check with the demo version:
AlfaOBD link

·
Registered
799 Posts
to program keys you need PIN code which either dealer can get while connected to car or locksmith with some designated equipment.
locksmith equipment is usually way to expensive for one time or amateur users so best bet is to get locksmith program keys for you.
but in order to do that key programming equipment needs to be able to communicate with BCM and RFHUB - if you have MES you could test it you can reach those ECUs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts