Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am new to the forum and really trying to finalize my purchase by tomorrow. Should I pull the trigger on a 2018 Quad or should I go with a fancy C43/63 option with their newer 2019version? Assume Price is the same across the models. Would be great to have any feedback and help! Thanks so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
I doubt anyone on this forum is gonna tell you to go with the MB haha. In all objective-ness, you're not gonna go wrong with either car. But for my taste, I dont like how similar the C63 looks to the base model c class cars. And it seems like everyone and their mom drives a C300 these days. It's just lacking the factor of uniqueness, exotic-ness thrill that even the base model Giulias have. If you want something more subtle (and boring IMO), C63 is the way to go, but if you wanna turn heads, then Giulia QV all the way. Giulia is also gonna be faster in a straight line and significantly better/quicker around the track. Again, I dont think you can go wrong either way, but I would bet the Giulia would be a much more fun and exciting owners/drivers experience.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
MB is fat and heavy, MB as a brand is headed into the toilet/already there. Pros of the C would likely be comfier and softer ride (I would assume), more luxury features found in a conventional premium sedan

I drove an E63S, torque blew me away, but was disappointed in every other way to me. I think if the Alfa is "meant to be" you will feel it and the choice will be easy. If it isn't easy and you are trying to push yourself into something you don't like (regardless of brand), it won't be a good experience. Just my view

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Get the C63 so we can remain unique and exclusive. We don’t want to become just another Benz :eek:)

I would not consider the C43. If you choose Benz get the C63

You drove them all. What did you think? Personally I think the QV is soft in a very good way. Go into D and R and don’t adjust the dampers and you can rock and roll. I usually run the soft dampers. Go figure

The positive side is if you go with the C63 no one will ask you much about your car because they probably already know. The QV you get a lot of “what kind of car is that” strangers taking photographs of your car etc.

I went to the store yesterday. Exiting my vehicle I got approached and the guy would not stop. It was an hour of thanks gotta go. Exiting the store another guy is taking photos of the car. I could see him so I stopped and stayed away until his photo shoot was over. That is what you may experience with a QV besides just a ton of fun and a really cool motoring experience.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Get the C63 so we can remain unique and exclusive. We don’t want to become just another Benz :eek:)

I would not consider the C43. If you choose Benz get the C63

You drove them all. What did you think? Personally I think the QV is soft in a very good way. Go into D and R and don’t adjust the dampers and you can rock and roll. I usually run the soft dampers. Go figure

The positive side is if you go with the C63 no one will ask you much about your car because they probably already know. The QV you get a lot of “what kind of car is that” strangers taking photographs of your car etc.

I went to the store yesterday. Exiting my vehicle I got approached and the guy would not stop. It was an hour of thanks gotta go. Exiting the store another guy is taking photos of the car. I could see him so I stopped and stayed away until his photo shoot was over. That is what you may experience with a QV besides just a ton of fun and a really cool motoring experience.
I agree the attention we get can be annoying. Tired of it lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The MB is super nice but nothing to really grab you emotionally, or at least not as much as a Q.V. there’s just something about the car that puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel. Audi’s, BMW’s and MB make some great cars but not many of their sedans, even the specialized performance models, quite make you feel like you’re really driving something unique and special. Like mentioned above though if you prefer stealthy anonymity it may not be the way to go. People either don’t know what it is and ask questions all the time or they really do know what it and just want to tell you they love it and ask how much you love it...

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,434 Posts
Questions like why is there an Irish badge in an Italian car? Lol

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I would avoid Alfa like the plague....

>:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
RockyMountainTi said it best OP - you can't go wrong with either, both are world-class compact luxury sport sedans!

MB is going to be a little more luxury/grand tourer, but very, very nice - and that twin-turbo V8!!! And really, most of us aren't pro drivers or take it to 10/10 on the street, so for how you use the car, the C43/63 might be all the car you need and very luxurious inside as well.

That said, the QV will drive the best. Hands down best steering response, chassis balance, and feedback through the wheel. Maybe that stuff matters more to you? It does to me, I want the car that is the most fun-to-drive, although that characteristic means different things to different people & is difficult to quantify. The QV has it though!

I say test drive both back-to-back on the same day & make your decision - either way you'll be happy - congrats!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I had someone tell me at a gas station that Alfa is putting the 4 leaf clover on the fender to wish the driver luck in making it from point A to point B.....He had a BMW....I bit my lip.....

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had someone tell me at a gas station that Alfa is putting the 4 leaf clover on the fender to wish the driver luck in making it from point A to point B.....He had a BMW....I bit my lip.....
Someone asked me yesterday if it was a Jag. When I replied no, they asked me is it some foreign job. I smiled and replied, yes, it's Italian. No need to be rude to the ignorant.

To the OP, do you want the known, or do you want to be different? Was an easy choice for me.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Get the MB, then you can post a "Should of got the Alfa" thread.

Reactions: MINIME and Bender

·
Registered
334 Posts
Remind him that M-B owners frequently use a term to refer to BMW owners as "Motoren **** Works" ......I had two BMWs, I got tired of seeing myself coming and going 4 times a day ...... I made the right choice, as did you .....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Go with the MB and blend in with the crowds......>:)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
OMG. I got that yesterday. I chuckled. I did feel the need to educate them on what that clover stands for. Then i got Wow that is really cool. Right dudes!! I just love this car.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I think the question is, what does your heart tell you after driving both? Not what does your head tell you!
Hey being a bean counter my head would have told me to get a Toyota Corolla. They are all deprecating assets. But that is not why you buy these cars it really does take heart. My husband went back and forth between what SHOULD make sense and what he really really wanted. I actually love this car the longer I have it and the more I drive it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts