Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. Sorry for your loss there. Anything is fixable, just depends on the cost to fix vs the car’s value. Those corsa tires have no business seeing a road that cold, but I suppose you know that now.
Damn. Sorry for your loss there. Anything is fixable, just depends on the cost to fix vs the car’s value. Those corsa tires have no business seeing a road that cold, but I suppose you know that now.
Yeah I feel horrible, does it look like it could be repaired?

· Registered
793 Posts
Yup, totally agree, I brought that up in the past for a previous accident on here but everyone said I was a troll for pointing that out.

· Registered
110 Posts
Can't see if you also damaged door or A pillar, but it looks like a new hood ($$$) as well as bumper, spoiler and lots of cooling and other bits. If you didn't hit the frame, engine or damage suspension you might get away with a repair...otherwise it could be a total.

Had far less visable damage on an Audi S4, but it got into the sub-frame so insurance co totalled car.

Personally I'd prefer totalling rather than repair.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys really think written off? I’m not sure if any engine or axel damage as I did reverse the car out fine. No damage to door or anywhere else on car. Just that front end corner and the fender panel above the front wheel

· Premium Member
1,149 Posts
You guys really think written off? I’m not sure if any engine or axel damage as I did reverse the car out fine. No damage to door or anywhere else on car. Just that front end corner and the fender panel above the front wheel
On a Quadrifoglio, you arguably hit the worst location for money per parts and labor ratio.

· Registered
MY21 Giulia Quadrifoglio
35 Posts
what year is the car? will be a factor in whether its a writeoff... having said that, it does look like a writeoff from the pics.... sorry to hear, sounds like no one got hurt which is the main thing.

PS - I've just come back from a drive and I was literally crawling back for the aforementioned reasons, also in Corsas.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,725 Posts
Glad your ok. Best to see what the insurance says then decide if you repair or replace and if you replace, do you get used or new. Used will offer more options (I mean like interior stitching, caliper color, car color, etc. But new is new; I'm a germaphobe but I like the customizations on the old models and they're cheaper

• Haha
Reactions: Glenn and 614

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,725 Posts
PS - I've just come back from a drive and I was literally crawling back for the aforementioned reasons, also in Corsas.
I feel like we need a sticky on tires and temps.

Summer tires shouldn't be driven below 40/45 or winter.
Winter tires shouldn't be driven in warm weather spiritedly (ask me how I know 😂) above 60/65
All seasons shouldn't be driven...🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, not everyone knows these things and it's probably worth noting.

I'll embarrass myself here to show what I mean. My first car I ever owned, with my first flat, I called the local shop asking them if they had any spare tires, not knowing more than 1 tire size existed 🤦🏻‍♂️ I've come a long way since then!

Reactions: Chipshot

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what year is the car? will be a factor in whether its a writeoff... having said that, it does look like a writeoff from the pics.... sorry to hear, sounds like no one got hurt which is the main thing.

It’s a 2021 plate. Had the pics sent a repair guy and on look he said doesn’t look a right off.

i really hope it isn’t as I will be heartbroken. Also as it’s one of the last few in competition red colour.

· Registered
MY21 Giulia Quadrifoglio
35 Posts
I feel like we need a sticky on tires and temps.

Summer tires shouldn't be driven below 40/45 or winter.
Winter tires shouldn't be driven in warm weather spiritedly (ask me how I know 😂) above 60/65
All seasons shouldn't be driven...🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, not everyone knows these things and it's probably worth noting.

I'll embarrass myself here to show what I mean. My first car I ever owned, with my first flat, I called the local shop asking them if they had any spare tires, not knowing more than 1 tire size existed 🤦🏻‍♂️ I've come a long way since then!
as well as the tyres.... also embarassed to note I didn't know (although I know it very well now), that in low traction conditions should switch to Advanced Efficiency mode.... I always switch to "a" mode in cold weather.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts