Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to install the latest firmware for the infotainment system and got to this blue screen. Left the USB stick in for a good 20 minutes without any real update. Yes, USB stick was formatted correctly. Now the blue screen stays on and the module for the display's fan is running even with the car off. I have tried turning off and on, reinserting the USB stick, unplugging the battery for 15 min and then trying the other items again. I also have tried and reset everything by going through multiscan but no luck connecting to the module. In the process of reformatting and will try again. Any suggestions?

Plant Automotive design Personal luxury car Audio equipment Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce Q4
166 Posts
Did you create the stick on a Mac?
Same thing happened to me.

Turns out it needs to be NTFS-formatted and the archive needs to have been unzipped on a Windows machine.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Did you create the stick on a Mac?
Same thing happened to me.

Turns out it needs to be NTFS-formatted and the archive needs to have been unzipped on a Windows machine.
for infotainment update FAT32, exFAT, NTFS works just fine. map updates require either exFAT or NTFS due to file size. of course best to use Windows based system to prepare USB.

@fritts make sure you used right firmware for your infotainment. maybe file is corrupt or bad USB. try to download it again and use another USB.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried again formatting and using the old version with no luck. Seems to be permanently stuck on the blue screen. Not sure what to do now other than replacing the infotainment module. Any help?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Tried again formatting and using the old version with no luck. Seems to be permanently stuck on the blue screen. Not sure what to do now other than replacing the infotainment module. Any help?
have you tried another USB stick?
have you tried another USB port - armrest or near cup holder?
how your USB root folder looks like?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not tried a different usb as I don't have one of similar size. I will have to go buy one to try. I have not tried a different usb either as I thought we were only supposed to use the one below the infotainment unit. Can try though. Below is my USB files. Car is a 2018 Q4 TI with 8.8 screen.

Rectangle Font Circle Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have not tried a different usb as I don't have one of similar size. I will have to go buy one to try. I have not tried a different usb either as I thought we were only supposed to use the one below the infotainment unit. Can try though. Below is my USB files. Car is a 2018 Q4 TI with 8.8 screen.

View attachment 128671
files look OK. I'd try another USB stick and/or USB port

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce Q4
166 Posts
for infotainment update FAT32, exFAT, NTFS works just fine. map updates require either exFAT or NTFS due to file size. of course best to use Windows based system to prepare USB.

@fritts make sure you used right firmware for your infotainment. maybe file is corrupt or bad USB. try to download it again and use another USB.
Nope. NTFS only. I tried it with exFAT and got screwed. At least on the newest gen hardware infotainment.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nope. NTFS only. I tried it with exFAT and got screwed. At least on the newest gen hardware infotainment.
you must have tried not hard enough.
using exFAT cause USB also contains map updates for 1st/2nd gen infotainment. works like a charm.

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts