Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine professionally does LED work and painting the little details of headlights. I'm looking to paint the chrome on the inside black with a high gloss candy red to match my car's color scheme.

Does anyone have a link to the detail on properly removing the headlights and casing so we can paint em and seat them again "by the book"?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Don't do it. I had an issue with the headlight assembly. You have to take the front fascia off to change it. The service tech broke the clips off of the fascia. I was told this is a common problem since the clips are very thin. My work was covered though.

Reactions: jmfabr2rc and Max

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't do it. I had an issue with the headlight assembly. You have to take the front fascia off to change it. The service tech broke the clips off of the fascia. I was told this is a common problem since the clips are very thin. My work was covered though.
Noted, thanks for teaching out man

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The factory service repair manual is available at TechAuthority (https://www.techauthority.com/)

note: It only works with Internet Explorer.

Looking through mine quickly, it seems there might be a difference between the 2.0 and 2.9. Anyway, it looks like you need to disconnect the battery, remove the fascia, and then the headlamp assembly. It says that you need some special tools as well. I did not study it, just a quick glance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts