Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I’m about to pull the trigger on one of two very low miles 2017 Giulia Ti Sport RWD’s this weekend, and I’d like some advice. There are some differences in packages and I want to see what’s a must have.

One is a 2,700 mile Vulcano black over red with Ti 19” Sport Package w/225’s all around, Driver Assist dynamic plus (active cruise, blind spot, etc...), Nav, Harman Kardon. Original sticker was $47,200. Asking $35,750.

The other is a 5,000 mile Rosso over black, Ti 19” Sport Package, Staggered Tires, leather package, Nav. Original sticker $45,185. Asking $32,900.

I guess I’m torn between the price difference and the addition of the driver assist Package vs. the upgraded interior and the wider rear wheels. I’m sure at some point I’m going to do a chip, exhaust and intake. I like both color combinations so that’s even in my mind. Anyone have the options and think they are must have’s? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi DeanDep,

I'm about to order one as well any day now and it's very easy for me (or anyone) to say "more features = more awesome", but I feel it's very individual because it's your money and you have to work hard for it, and you who have to drive the car every day and at the end of the day you should be happy with your choice.

With that said.. for me the driver assist package is pretty essential in a modern car, especially if you want to drive it on a daily basis..

Either way, it's an awesome car and I'm sure you will be happy with both cars.

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
70 Posts
Greetings all. I’m about to pull the trigger on one of two very low miles 2017 Giulia Ti Sport RWD’s this weekend, and I’d like some advice. There are some differences in packages and I want to see what’s a must have.

One is a 2,700 mile Vulcano black over red with Ti 19” Sport Package w/225’s all around, Driver Assist dynamic plus (active cruise, blind spot, etc...), Nav, Harman Kardon. Original sticker was $47,200. Asking $35,750.

The other is a 5,000 mile Rosso over black, Ti 19” Sport Package, Staggered Tires, leather package, Nav. Original sticker $45,185. Asking $32,900.

I guess I’m torn between the price difference and the addition of the driver assist Package vs. the upgraded interior and the wider rear wheels. I’m sure at some point I’m going to do a chip, exhaust and intake. I like both color combinations so that’s even in my mind. Anyone have the options and think they are must have’s? Thanks for the help.
I'd personally go for the upgraded interior and driver assist dynamic features. Wheels can be upgraded later to your desire. Everyone has their own taste, but you sit in the interior everyday, if you do a lot of highway driving then the active cruise, blind spot are very helpful and the upgraded speakers are substantially better than stock (but that's to each person's own ear).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately the upgraded leather is on the Rosso car, and the Driver Assist package is in the Vulcano car. It’s one or the other.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Not getting the leather is my only regret. The driver assist stuff is useless until it has a chance to save your bacon...which may never happen. Go leather for the daily pleasure.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Why are the cars available? Buy backs?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why are the cars available? Buy backs?
The Vulcano was an employee purchase at the Alfa dealerships sister store next door. He buys and trades them frequently as employee deals come up. The Rosso is at another exotic dealership and was a 4C trade in.

Reactions: alfa55

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome Dean. I don't have driver assist, when mine was in for service I had it in the Stelvio and found it annoying, sounded like a fart every time you took the racing line so to speak. I will say though if it comes with a front collision sensor that might be worth it in saving some scrapes. Both will be fantastic cars, wish you all the best

·
Registered
646 Posts
The Driver assist lane change warning can be turned off (so no fart).

I had the same choice as the OP when buying my Giulia. Loved the full leather but went with the Driver Assist. Do not regret it.

Mine is a daily driver and the assists help. Traffic, congestion and terrible drivers are only getting worse, and the driver assist is one tool to help combat that.

If the Giulia was my weekend car, or I lived out in the country I’d go for leather instead, but outside of those 2 scenarios, the Driver Assist is worth it.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
...sounded like a fart every time you took the racing line...
Hahaha! Kinda true!

Regarding the "racing line," I tend to do that often, just as I also tend to freely take the best road position for safety, visibility, control and comfort irrespective of lane markings, and just as I also tend to find myself struggling to obey posted speed limits.

I'm also in the wine biz, so while I don't drunk drive, I do often have open wine in the car, and while that's permitted by licensing, I figure I don't need the hassle of the alcohol/driving thing during a police stop, so features like lane keeping and a radar detector help remind me of "best practices" and of the frequent presence and surreptitious surveillance practiced by the cops, which in turn helps me avoid behaviors which might attract unwanted attention from LEOs.

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
573 Posts
I ordered my car to get exactly what I wanted which was everything for a MY18 Ti Sport minus the HK system. The only reason I got both driver assist packages was because you had to in order to get the Adaptive Cruise Control which for me was a must have because its my Road Trip Car. If you don't care much for the apaptive cruise, go for the leather. It adds a very nice upgrade feel to the interior.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Early day update: I’ve been to the Local Alfa dealership to see about the Vulcano car with the driver’s assist, etc.... asking $35,998.....it’s the last day of the month and I tell them I’m going to go look at the Rosso car for $3,000 less. I’m not expecting them to drop down that far since this car has more options. They were willing to drop $500 and let me walk out. I used to sell BMW’s, so I’m extremely familiar with the car sales process.

Off to see the Rosso over black....stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Black over red with the assist systems, hands down. The FCW is pretty sensitive, even on the medium setting, but in today’s traffic...

Expect the more expensive car to be cheaper to insure because of the systems.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No contest, the Rosso car. It has the wheel and tire package that looks better and handles better. The leather interior package is an awesome subtle upgrade that everyone comments on.
Alfa’s should be red (IMHO).
Driver assist packages just add weight and complexity.
Either way, enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've found the adaptive cruise control to be a revelation...truly impressive technology. I'd say it's a 'must'!

Reactions: MorganB

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome Dean. I don't have driver assist, when mine was in for service I had it in the Stelvio and found it annoying, sounded like a fart every time you took the racing line so to speak. I will say though if it comes with a front collision sensor that might be worth it in saving some scrapes. Both will be fantastic cars, wish you all the best
I hear this comment about the lane departure sound everywhere. To me it sounds just like running over rumble strips, which I think is what it is supposed to sound like. It doesn't bother me but I did turn the volume down.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No contest, the Rosso car. It has the wheel and tire package that looks better and handles better. The leather interior package is an awesome subtle upgrade that everyone comments on.
Alfa’s should be red (IMHO).
Driver assist packages just add weight and complexity.
Either way, enjoy.

Well, after visiting the second dealership with the Rosso Over Black, it’s now sitting in my garage! I really do like the leather package, and I love the fat rear wheels. I got an absolutely amazing deal that I couldn’t walk away from, so I’m now an Alfista!! I’ll post pics tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your input, it was helpful.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well, after visiting the second dealership with the Rosso Over Black, it’s now sitting in my garage! I really do like the leather package, and I love the fat rear wheels. I got an absolutely amazing deal that I couldn’t walk away from, so I’m now an Alfista!! I’ll post pics tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your input, it was helpful.

CONGRATS, you will love it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts