Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i Accidentally pressed both retract sunshade and lift vent buttons at the same time, check engine light came on and DNA modes disabled. Anyone know why or how to get it. Jeez this car is so fragile sometimes!

·
Registered
537 Posts
That shouldn’t put on the check engine light, but your best bet it to try disconnecting the battery in the back, if you’re not sure how, it’s very easy, open the access panel, lean in the trunk with a flashlight, at the very back you will see the negative cable mounted on the terminal post, at the backside there is a release tab, so you can push the tab and lift the cable right off the post. Make sure you don’t close the truck though, with no battery it won’t open again by the switch......Once it’s off, leave the car like that for 30 min or so, then reconnect (listen for the “click”) and check if it’s working.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That shouldn’t put on the check engine light, but your best bet it to try disconnecting the battery in the back, if you’re not sure how, it’s very easy, open the access panel, lean in the trunk with a flashlight, at the very back you will see the negative cable mounted on the terminal post, at the backside there is a release tab, so you can push the tab and lift the cable right off the post. Make sure you don’t close the truck though, with no battery it won’t open again by the switch......Once it’s off, leave the car like that for 30 min or so, then reconnect (listen for the “click”) and check if it’s working.
Well I agree...that should not be the cause...it just happened almost immediately after I hit the buttons. I'll give this a shot

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Left it overnight, drove about 50 mi with it yesterday, still on this morning. At work now I'll check it again in 8hrs or so! Thanks for the info
just do a couple of starts ..... (switch off and start again 4 or 5 times)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Left it overnight, drove about 50 mi with it yesterday, still on this morning. At work now I'll check it again in 8hrs or so! Thanks for the info
just do a couple of starts ..... (switch off and start again 4 or 5 times)
Over the course of the last day and a half I've started it about 10+ times and driven on it...still on...maybe I should just run a scanner through it at my friends house. Have yet to disconnect the battery and plug it back in yet.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Negative terminal disconnect may be the trick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
normally if it's a non-persistent error, it will turn off automatically after 4 or 5 starts.
Negative terminal disconnect may be the trick.
Well I did the battery reset, check engine light certainly went off... However, all of these messages came up. Did I blow up the car?...should I drive it with these messages on?

Jeezzzzz.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ya, the systems just need to relearn, should reset within a few miles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts