Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I have started my winter wheel swap but noticed front callipers are super close to wheel, like 1-2 mm .
I guess I need spacers which brings following questions
1. put 1/4 or 5/16 ones? which size in diameter?
2. ok to put those only on front wheels? Since rear should clear
3. do I need longer bolts?

Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
if you're using spacers, yes you should get longer bolts.

You might be paving this path on your own.. Not sure anyone else is running a 17" wheel setup. Any particular reason you went with the 17's?

Also just curious what wheels were you able to find?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you're using spacers, yes you should get longer bolts.

You might be paving this path on your own.. Not sure anyone else is running a 17" wheel setup. Any particular reason you went with the 17's?

Also just curious what wheels were you able to find?
For Q4 ir is just fine to have 17
There is long tread on winter wheels I have participated, thise I got from PMCtire in Canada

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,462 Posts
Is brake clearance more of an issue with Alfas?
And aren't base models available with 17" wheels?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I stand corrected, I've never seen these wheels before.

@OP are these what you purchased? If not definitely post up your wheel specs including offset so that others can avoid this happening.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And are they close under the spokes or inside of the barrel? It sounds like you are saying under spokes since you are talking about spacers. I would even try a slice of sheet metal instead of spacers and see if you have enough threads on the stock bolts to get a good hold.

I wonder about the barrels on the Quad and if an 18 would fit over the steel brakes and calipers?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes under the spokes. diameter wise it is fine

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Did you get the FC04's? I got the 17's and they'll be going on the car today. I measured .094 inches of clearance which converts to 2.39 mm which is fine for regular use. If you're going to track the car, a 1mm or 2mm spacer should be plenty. Keep in mind you don't want to extend the wheel too far because you need it to sit on the hub center. Yes you'll need longer studs if you use a spacer, or better yet if you add a spacer, get a stud-to-bolt conversion kit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get the FC04's? I got the 17's and they'll be going on the car today. I measured .094 inches of clearance which converts to 2.39 mm which is fine for regular use. If you're going to track the car, a 1mm or 2mm spacer should be plenty. Keep in mind you don't want to extend the wheel too far because you need it to sit on the hub center. Yes you'll need longer studs if you use a spacer, or better yet if you add a spacer, get a stud-to-bolt conversion kit.
Hey!
no, I got art replica one
tire shop assured me that there will be no problem as long as there is no rubbing, so I have put them in and got car ready for winter

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey!
no, I got art replica one
tire shop assured me that there will be no problem as long as there is no rubbing, so I have put them in and got car ready for winter
Any chance you could provide the wheel specs? diameter, width and offset for reference?
You might see that info stamped on the wheel itself.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any chance you could provide the wheel specs? diameter, width and offset for reference?
You might see that info stamped on the wheel itself.
Art Replica Wheels Replica 127 Gloss Black Machine wheel | 17X7.5, 5x110, 65.1, 40 offset

1 - 12 of 12 Posts