Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reakly stoked to join this forum so I can get the latest news and discussions on my car which love so much. I just got my windows tinted and the car looks meaner than ever. I have a vesuvio gray w/ red interior. The car is fully loaded Sport and Performance package. I could have done without the HK sound, Sunroof, and Navi. But those 19" clover wheels.... ****!!!! First thing I bought were wheel locks. Anyhow. I'm looking forward to reading through all these topics in this forum. - Peace

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome!
Wheel locks?
Are you afraid that another Giulia (or Stelvio) owner might steal your wheels, or do you have knowledge that these wheels will fit other cars?
I have worked on cars, professionally, for almost 40 years and I don't know of anyone (yes, I ask all of my customers with wheel locks), including myself, who has ever had their wheels stolen.
But I can tell you about the dozen or so times that the locking lug nut key could not be found and the aggravation (and added costs) that it caused.
Always keep the lug nut key, or tool, in the car, and MAKE SURE that you check to see that you are getting it back from whomever just used it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Congrats and Happy Motoring...car sounds beautiful....post some pics....

·
Banned
264 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome!
Wheel locks?
Are you afraid that another Giulia (or Stelvio) owner might steal your wheels, or do you have knowledge that these wheels will fit other cars?
I have worked on cars, professionally, for almost 40 years and I don't know of anyone (yes, I ask all of my customers with wheel locks), including myself, who has ever had their wheels stolen.
But I can tell you about the dozen or so times that the locking lug nut key could not be found and the aggravation (and added costs) that it caused.
Always keep the lug nut key, or tool, in the car, and MAKE SURE that you check to see that you are getting it back from whomever just used it.
It depends on where you live/park....i see it all the time....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics. I'm thinking about lowering the car a bit and installing wheel spacers. Haven't seen too many lowered Guiliaa out there. Im sure this forum would be the place that would.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Love the red interior too....inside pics would be really cool too....My first Alfa was a Series 2 Spider...a second hand 1978...Black with a burgandy interior.....Back in the day red interiors (usually mixed with black door cards and dash) were very popular among auto makers....then the era of the all black interior took over....Very boring (and I own a Quad that has a black interior) so it's nice to see a pop of color in some interiors....D

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Awesome car there, see why you love her ;) Where abouts are you? any tracks nearby?

I had wheel locks on all my cars in England, common practice to 'nick' nice wheels. I also had the super pricey Clifford alarm with motion detection, immobilizer etc... these days I live in the woods.. now I have to worry about the sodding animals throwing acorns :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Pics. I'm thinking about lowering the car a bit and installing wheel spacers. Haven't seen too many lowered Guiliaa out there. Im sure this forum would be the place that would.
My Ti Q2 nose is already so low, I have to avoid certain grocery stores and restaurants with steep parking entrances, and it won't even clear a standard parking spot wheel stop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum! Awesome car there, see why you love her
Where abouts are you? any tracks nearby?

I had wheel locks on all my cars in England, common practice to 'nick' nice wheels. I also had the super pricey Clifford alarm with motion detection, immobilizer etc... these days I live in the woods.. now I have to worry about the sodding animals throwing acorns
Thanks FNM. I'm in Southern California. There are tracks not too far from here. Looking forward to seeing what this puppy can do.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
... these days I live in the woods.. now I have to worry about the sodding animals throwing acorns :D
Some of the most vexing repairs that I have performed involved damage caused by rodents.
Wires chewed through, nuts stored in the intake air tracts, nests in the cylinders.
It's crazy where those critters will go.
For a start, automakers should put some sort of bitterant, in with the wire insulation recipe. Chewed through and shorted wire bundles can cause very expensive component failures to major melt-downs and even fires.

Reactions: FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
with you! Couple of times now I've started my mower up and been sprayed with tissue and goodness knows what else as the mouse family that moved in there decided to set up shop in the engine...

Thankfully next door has three cats to love to butcher

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
I have a vesuvio gray w/ red interior. The car is fully loaded Sport and Performance package. I could have done without the HK sound, Sunroof, and Navi. But those 19" clover wheels.... ****!!!!
I think we have the exact same car! The only difference is mine has the staggered wheels with summer tires. I love the color combo and I agree that having the windows tinted makes it look even better. Welcome!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Thanks FNM. I'm in Southern California. There are tracks not too far from here. Looking forward to seeing what this puppy can do.
I might be on the track in September with my 240Z. I run with http://arosc.org/ We do Willow Springs a lot, Buttonwillow once a year and a few others. My wife has promised me that she'll do the driving school in September with our Giulia Ti Q2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a vesuvio gray w/ red interior. The car is fully loaded Sport and Performance package. I could have done without the HK sound, Sunroof, and Navi. But those 19" clover wheels.... ****!!!!
I think we have the exact same car! The only difference is mine has the staggered wheels with summer tires. I love the color combo and I agree that having the windows tinted makes it look even better. Welcome!
Hey MorganB What's the staggered wheels look like. Can you send a pic?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts