Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greater Toronto Area, that is. TI Q4 Montecarlo Blue Lusso (had to have the seat tilt option), tan leather, TI performance package (plus the other electronic nannies).

Just wanted to say hi and thank everybody for the wealth of information on the forum. I used it quite a bit before getting the car, definitely helped with making up my mind about getting a Giulia (especially the technical issues and resolution reports).

800 kms so far, so still babying it to a certain extent, can't wait to get out of the break in period (and for warmer weather) to really have some fun. :)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome! Thanks for joining. I didn't bother holding back as there's conflicting opinion on that but it's you car.. was too much fun for me to wait :D You intending any tracks come summer? :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome! Thanks for joining.
Thanks, my pleasure, this is a great and very welcoming community. :)

I didn't bother holding back as there's conflicting opinion on that but it's you car.. was too much fun for me to wait :D
Yeah, not really sure one way or the other, so I decided to play it safe(er). I'll refrain from redlining it until 1500 kms. :D The biggest hesitation I have is with the very cold weather around here these days, I doubt the new engine enjoys barely warming up from -15C before sitting in the cold for the rest of the day (given that a short commute is all I have to "offer" it for now).

You intending any tracks come summer? :D
Yep, might as well, otherwise I'll either die of frustration from holding back or rack up speeding tickets and demerit points (neither one a good outcome, the latter being the more probable one anyway). :D

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
good man! Might want to make a weekend of it and join us at one of the New England circuits (Limerock is awesome!). Done that drive a few times it's not so bad :)

Yeah trust your instincts on the cold weather, no car should be driven hard until that oil is at temp.. especially a turbo car :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good man! Might want to make a weekend of it and join us at one of the New England circuits (Limerock is awesome!). Done that drive a few times it's not so bad :)
Thanks for the tip, sounds quite enticing, will definitely think about it for the summer. :)

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

Nice choice in options. We almost have the same cars, except mine is a Q2, not a Q4. We (my wife and I) have a bit over 10,000 miles now without any issues. A fine specimen of an automobile.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Happy Motoring..!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the new ride. >:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.