Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am Scott. I'm still a young guy mid 30s. As soon as I saw the Super Bowl commercial I fell in love with the Giulia. Found out the one on the commercial was the QV which is way out of my price range for about 20+ years lol. But the Base model I can probably do but will try and shoot for the Ti model. However, I will be just lurking the forums gathering all sorts of information over the next couple of years. Gotta pay off my Dodge and return a Civic lease so I can afford the Alfa. However, I do plan on making the Alfa my only car and will be my first Italian Car and first Sporty Car I have ever owned. So everything I do will be the first for me. I'm pretty sure most the people here are experts in the Sporty Cars but since this will be my first want to make sure I am will be more than thrilled to have this car.

Since this purchase will not happen for a few years at least by then all the little bugs should be out of the Alfa system. At least that is what I am hoping for. I am thinking that when the time comes I will more than likely lease the car since that would probably be a cheaper way for me to get the car. I have limited resources so every little bit I don't have to spend on the car will help out. Plus, I like leasing cause then every 3 years I can get another car and not pay a ton as long as I don't go over the mileage. Or I can buy the other half of the car if I choose to.

Scott

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome! I'm on a long plan too but hopefully not more than a year. I have been impressed with the base models. Even the Base sport wheels are ok. You can save them for winters down the road. The approach I took with my Miata was to start where I could and modify it. I learned a ton and got a lot of independence and flexibility from it. You could get a base, then add 19 inch sport 5 hole wheels. The issue after that would be ride height and stance. You can probably get springs or adjustable coil overs even now.

I would do the same but I am older, further in my career, with more resources. I don't want to pull the trigger too soon and then regret it later when I'm 50 g's in the hole when I could have built a QV! The badge is worth it when you respect and have passion for what it stands for. And if you have the resources. ;) Either way they are both Alfas! :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome! I just got my Giulia Ti a few days ago from Alfa Romeo of San Diego. The sales team is easy to work with and very straightforward, but I have to say their leasing terms are not very competitive. Hopefully when you are in the market there will be better deals available.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey Scott,

Greetings from Las Vegas! I just got my Giulia Ti in February about 5 weeks ago from Alfa Romeo of Henderson (Findlay Alfa Romeo) I can only speak for myself, but I'd spend the couple extra thousand for the Ti Sport (I got the 19-inch sports package) I think the Giulia just lends itself to being a very sporty looking sedan - again, I know that is a completely personal preference.

I leased my Giulia, but in Feb Alfa was having a lease special so it did make the terms a little better.

This is my second Alfa Romeo, the first was a 1991 Spider Veloce which I actually had been using as a daily driver for the last 2 years after my Saab 9-3 Aero died. If it wasn't for the Giulia, I'd still be driving the Spider. There was just nothing out there that was worth parting with it - until I saw and drove my Ti. I was sold.

Just as an aside....I bought my first Alfa after I was in a bad mountain biking accident. That's when I realized, life is short and anything can happen to anyone at anytime. I had always wanted an Alfa Romeo Spider, but just never got around to it...until then. I decided, I survived, I better get one (it was used, a 91 I bought in 98 with 12,000 miles on it) and 19 years later, I never regretted that decision. In in 5 weeks, I haven't regretted the decision to trade up to a Giulia, either.

Best of luck finding that dream Alfa!

John

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Awesome story John. I am in a similar situation here but a couple years shy of your 19 in the Spider. Enjoy the Giulia and keep us posted. I wonder about a brake rotor upgrade. It my be possible to buy direct from Brembo. Porsche 911 pads fit the 348 and 360. You can buy those and save the "Ferrari tax." ;)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hello everyone I am Scott. I'm still a young guy mid 30s. As soon as I saw the Super Bowl commercial I fell in love with the Giulia. Found out the one on the commercial was the QV which is way out of my price range for about 20+ years lol. But the Base model I can probably do but will try and shoot for the Ti model. However, I will be just lurking the forums gathering all sorts of information over the next couple of years. Gotta pay off my Dodge and return a Civic lease so I can afford the Alfa. However, I do plan on making the Alfa my only car and will be my first Italian Car and first Sporty Car I have ever owned. So everything I do will be the first for me. I'm pretty sure most the people here are experts in the Sporty Cars but since this will be my first want to make sure I am will be more than thrilled to have this car.

Since this purchase will not happen for a few years at least by then all the little bugs should be out of the Alfa system. At least that is what I am hoping for. I am thinking that when the time comes I will more than likely lease the car since that would probably be a cheaper way for me to get the car. I have limited resources so every little bit I don't have to spend on the car will help out. Plus, I like leasing cause then every 3 years I can get another car and not pay a ton as long as I don't go over the mileage. Or I can buy the other half of the car if I choose to.

Scott
Welcome :)

After a ten mile test drive, we special ordered a Ti with the Ti Performance Package. This includes an LSD.

My father is an old Alfa guy and I was an early adopter of the 4C. Speaking from experience, an Alfa without little bugs just isn't an Alfa. If you wait a few years, hopefully the bigger bugs will be worked out and the rest will be a Giulia with character.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts