Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have joined the family!!! Mission Blue...Loaded!!!

Cheers
TK

·
Registered
25 Posts
To the DMV QV owners, I am looking to join the club. I've driven the M4 and liked it rather more than I thought I would and I'll be driving the C63 this week. I am having a challenge getting a local dealer to allow even a brief test drive. Have any of you had this same challenge and which of the local dealerships do you prefer to work with? Thanks and I hope to land the right QV in the near future.

-KJ

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To the DMV QV owners, I am looking to join the club. I've driven the M4 and liked it rather more than I thought I would and I'll be driving the C63 this week. I am having a challenge getting a local dealer to allow even a brief test drive. Have any of you had this same challenge and which of the local dealerships do you prefer to work with? Thanks and I hope to land the right QV in the near future.

-KJ
I would recommend Tysons Corner. That's where we purchased. David Grimm is the GM and was great to work with. They had a couple QB on the lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would recommend Tysons Corner. That's where we purchased. David Grimm is the GM and was great to work with. They had a couple QB on the lot.
Timkopp,

Thanks. I visited them early on and despite leaving my contact info multiple times over a couple of additional visits and expressing a desire to purchase something I never heard back from them. I'll try stopping by this weekend and see if I get a better reception. Thanks.

-KJ

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Timkopp,

Thanks. I visited them early on and despite leaving my contact info multiple times over a couple of additional visits and expressing a desire to purchase something I never heard back from them. I'll try stopping by this weekend and see if I get a better reception. Thanks.

-KJ
@Cupshot I am sure can help you out as well. He works for Criswell in gaithersburg and they are amazing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kanundrum,

I was working with Karifa at Criswell. I actually liked the dealership and it was extremely convenient for me. They had a Tri White on the show room floor I was eyeing but I moved too slowly on that. Unfortunately they were one of the dealerships that wouldn't allow a test-drive. I am trying to make an appointment to see a car out at Alfa/Ferrari of Washington in Sterling, VA this weekend. I don't want a test drive to ascertain the performance of the car, I just want to know how the car "feels". A short drive around a block or two would suffice for my needs. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Thanks for the suggestions!! BTW, who do you track with? I usually run with PCA and occasionally with the Audi Club. I doubt I'll track the Alfa much at all as I have a dedicated track car, but i know I won't be able to resist taking out once or twice.

-KJ

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kanundrum,

I tried to send you a PM, but i guess i haven't posted enough to do that yet. Below is the message I was attempting to send:

I was reading an thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum and noticed you're located in/near Silver Spring. I'm in DC just south of Silver Spring off of 16th Street. If you have any free time in the near future, I'd love to meet up anywhere convenient to you and get a short ride in your QV if possible? Thanks for the consideration.

-KJ

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Kanundrum,

I tried to send you a PM, but i guess i haven't posted enough to do that yet. Below is the message I was attempting to send:

I was reading an thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum and noticed you're located in/near Silver Spring. I'm in DC just south of Silver Spring off of 16th Street. If you have any free time in the near future, I'd love to meet up anywhere convenient to you and get a short ride in your QV if possible? Thanks for the consideration.

-KJ
Sounds good to me! Let me see when is the best day for me! Ill see if I can send you a PM instead.

·
Registered
244 Posts
James Tan at Criswell emailed me multiple times about cars he had on the lot and basically begged me to come for a test drive (Ti, maybe it's different for QV). He seems to be a good salesman.
Dulles and Tysons were fine with letting me drive cars but seemed to not care if I bought one. No follow up, no effort. I found one with the options and colors I wanted in Florida and bought that one. I can't recommend that dealership enough. No hassles. Alfa Maserati of St. Pete.

·
Registered
25 Posts
James Tan at Criswell emailed me multiple times about cars he had on the lot and basically begged me to come for a test drive (Ti, maybe it's different for QV). He seems to be a good salesman.
Dulles and Tysons were fine with letting me drive cars but seemed to not care if I bought one. No follow up, no effort. I found one with the options and colors I wanted in Florida and bought that one. I can't recommend that dealership enough. No hassles. Alfa Maserati of St. Pete.
Peakster, thanks for the info. I was already working with Karifa at Criswell, and had driven a Ti with him there. I was finally able to get a test drive at Dulles and they were great but they didn't have a car on the lot I would have purchased, and they did not know what they would be getting for MY 18. I would highly recommend a serious buyer to Dulles based on my experience. I did not have a great experience with Tysons, but I think they were overwhelmed with the addition of Alfa to the small space they have. Criswell has an 18 on order that fits my needs, so I will move forward with them. I am looking forward to being a member of the community finally.

-KJ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts