Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello at all,
i'm new on this forum my name is Fabio, i'm a mechanical engineer and i live in north of Italy, if someone of you is registered malco on the Ferrari forum perhaps
know me ...
I orderd last tuesday (7 of june) a Blu Misano giulia Veloce 280 CV Q4 (perhaps in USA is called Giulia TI Q4).
I came from a Mercedes CLS 350 and i hope I did not a bad choice ....
At beginning i wanted a different car like Ghibli of BMW 6 GC, i looked for a less used car, but in Italy taxes incl. lux tax are so big (i have also a Ferrari where i pay lux tax) .. and whit the stop of my wife (that NOT wanted Ghibli) I prefered shift into a smaller car but new...

As a joke i went to my friend who work in a Alfa dealer ..... we did a configuration of the car, i like in the Blu Misano and I added some options ..... i dicovered that FCA make a big discount for the freelance people..
Want I could did?
I told Yes!
Delivery within 2 months ....

another thing that pushed me to buy is that this car ideally is the today's version of the Giulia Nuova Super Blu Le mans that was of my father (died on 2014 ....), see last picutre.

Best regard at all

Fabio

p.s. :in which section i can post the details of my new Giulia?

Attachments

Reactions: tadslc

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Buongiorno Fabio! Welcome to the forums!

As a totally bias Q4 owner, there's no way you made a mistake.. quite the opposite ;-) Take a look at my track vids to get you excited (hopefully), 2 months isn't so bad to wait but it has less distance to travel! I'll be in Pula in summer so if you'd like to donate your Giulia to me that'd be lovely... else i'll be stuck with an Audi from the rental company (yawn!) ;D

We have a Q4/AWD forum just created so feel free to post up there.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice introduction. I don't think there is anyone here who is going to say you made the wrong choice. After all a lot of us have made the same gamble, enjoy the Giulia when it arrives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks FNM :)
After signed the contract i started to read the italian magazine reports ...are all very positive!
I found i a italian discussions that apparently only a few people had problems with glass roof gaskets and with the gearbox ...

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Benvenuto...Auguri

Salve Fabio,
da dove sei nel Nord? Noi siamo da Parma e` Genoa. io sono anche su FerrariChat sotto il nome Dai Baracca.

Cheers
M

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Alan,
thanks
i'm in trepidation ... in italy Giulia is rare also after one from the launch .... and more rare will be the petrol 280 Cv due to the taxes proportional to the engine power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ciao,
io abito a Cesena, non siamo molto lontani, la Q4 ho acquistata alla Ghedauto di bologna.
Io sono su FerrairLife (Fiammenghi Engineering), ero su quella che avete scritto ma poi per problemi lunghi da spiegare mi hanno bannato .... se fate un po di ricerca (nik: F.Engineering) vedrete i miei contributi ed il motivo .....

Si pensa che il ferrari club al quale sono iscritto si chiama proprio FrancescoBaracca!

Saluti

Fabio

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Thanks FNM :)
After signed the contract i started to read the italian magazine reports ...are all very positive!
I found i a italian discussions that apparently only a few people had problems with glass roof gaskets and with the gearbox ...
I pretty much did the same thing - one of our cars died and we needed a replacement ASAP. Within 12 hours and a number of test drives I pushed the button. Didn't realize how good it really was until I owed her a few weeks. You'll have a blast, those reviews don't lie!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need to be worry ??? :(

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Ciao Fabio e benvenuto!

Abito a Boston ma sono nato a Bari.

Oggi ho ordinato la Giulia Quadrifoglio sperando che mi arrivi nei prossimi 6 mesi!

Auguri per la Giulia Veloce!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ciao!
Piacere e complimenti per la QV .. gran mezzo !!

ho dato una occhiata ai problemi della giulia e mi sono venuti i brividi ..... ma ormai è tardi ...
speriamo

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome Fabio :)

We don't get the Veloce here :( We do get the Ti which is close. It took four months for our special order Ti to arrive, I guess the boat ride across the pond take two months. I'm real interested as to what the differences are between the Veloce and the Ti, I've read conflicting reports.

I like your father's vintage Giulia, is that a Super? Here in the States, the Super was the top Giulia model. I see a few at the car shows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts