Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Got a Giulia Ti Q4 2 weeks ago. Decided to join the forum and see what people are saying/sharing.

So here's a suggestion that some of you may have already figured out. When you lease a vehicle, you have to return it an acceptable amount of wear on the tires. The Giulia Ti has run flats and they are $300+ a tire. What I do with my leases that have run flats is I immediately replace the tires with a non run flat version of my choice. I store the original tire in my basement and replace it before I turn in the car.

This does 2 things for me.

1. Allows me to get off the harsh run flats and on to a tire of the performance of my choosing.
2. Allows me to spend less money overall on tires. If I had to buy a second set of run flats it would be nearly twice the price of what I pay for the tire I chose.

Just my 2 cents that I can throw in the pot and help other folks save a few bucks and gain some performance in the process. I'd suggest throwing some fix-a-flat/tire gunk with an air compressor in the trunk just in case. That way you don't get stranded if you do encounter a flat tire after replacing the run flats.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome, hope you're enjoying! Good idea, I've never leased but my neighbour got dinged on the tires for $100's among other things. Will you be going snow tires too in Denver?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, hope you're enjoying! Good idea, I've never leased but my neighbour got dinged on the tires for $100's among other things. Will you be going snow tires too in Denver?
I'm not sure. I bought Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I'm going to give it shot and see how it does in the snow. I do ski in the winter, so I may need them. But tirerack.com action rates the snow traction better than the stock Pirelli Cinturado P7s that come with the car as well as massively improved wet and dry traction. So I think it's worth waiting and seeing how she does in the snow before I do anything there. I've had snow tires on all of my other cars because they mostly came with summer only performance tires. The difference snow tires provide is astonishing. I've driven RWD BMWs through blizzards on snow tires with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
100%... I went with the stock Eagle F1's through winter. We live in a VERY hilly place. Couple of times it was sheet ice and not working out but generally went well. I will 'consider' snow tires this year though. Let us know how they do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.