Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm super excited about getting my first ever Alfa.

Unfortunately my local dealer (where I've bought a car before) doesn't seem to have a QF allocation and doesn't seem to know when they will get one for me. They're being extremely vague. So begins the not so fun part of dialing for dealers tomorrow hoping to get a straight answer on an allocation. I'm open to anyone within a few hundred miles from here. I don't mind driving a few hundred miles home. I've bought difficult allocations before, so I have some experience, but none with FCA.

But it's nice to have decided on this, and I've got my config built and everything. My experience is mostly Porsche (a few), BMW, Mercedes and one Ferrari, so this will be an exciting new experience for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum as well.

i just bought my Giulia QV this past week. I have been waiting for this car to get to the US for some time (which feels like an eternity). Almost lost my patience and went with an M3, but glad it worked out.

I was looking at ordering the car, and I tried all the dealers within a few hundred miles of LA and most of them couldn't give me a clear answer. Most of them just blew me off and never got back to me. (probably b/c they didn't have any answers).

The other complicated thing is that Alfa was forcing dealers/customers to order the Ceramic Composite brakes and the five-hole wheel which added $5500-6000 to the price to the car, on top of waiting anywhere from 3-9months for delivery.

Unfortunately the dealers here in LA were also charging a 10-25k premium on the car (which out of principle i refuse to pay) . Some of them were even trying to get a market adjustment on special orders..... I ended up finding and buying the car from Eastern PA. Currently the car is in transit to LA and i figured the transit cost were a far better deal than any premium i would pay.

What I ended up doing is searching a couple of different sources to find the car with the specs i wanted. Cars.com has some of the cars listed, but the inventory has dwindled in the past few weeks. The source I ended up using was the Alfa Romeo site. They have a max distance of 200miles for vehicle inventory searches and ended up searching zip codes by states. Found the car I wanted a couple of places....a dealership in San Antonio (which refused to sell me the car out of state), a dealership in Las Vegas (which had a 30k premium on the car), and of course the dealership in Eastern PA. They ended up being great and easy to work with; and made buying the car remotely a snap.

If i remember correctly, I did se a bunch of cars outside of the DC area. You might want to check the Alfa Romeo site to see if you can find your car.

Cheers!

·
Registered
193 Posts
There are currently 12 Quadrifoglio models listed on Autotrader.com. All appear to be listed at MSRP or even 2k under MSRP.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hi,

I'm super excited about getting my first ever Alfa.

Unfortunately my local dealer (where I've bought a car before) doesn't seem to have a QF allocation and doesn't seem to know when they will get one for me. They're being extremely vague. So begins the not so fun part of dialing for dealers tomorrow hoping to get a straight answer on an allocation. I'm open to anyone within a few hundred miles from here. I don't mind driving a few hundred miles home. I've bought difficult allocations before, so I have some experience, but none with FCA.

But it's nice to have decided on this, and I've got my config built and everything. My experience is mostly Porsche (a few), BMW, Mercedes and one Ferrari, so this will be an exciting new experience for me.
Welcome :)

Your dealer can't tell you what they don't know. They don't know anything because FCA isn't telling them anything.

Just in case you didn't know the Giulia comes in three trim levels.
The Giulia base model starting around 35k
Giulia Ti starting around 37k
Giulia Quadrifoglio at about 80k

Depending on options, the Ti can exceed 50k.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I found a car in stock that is a pretty close match to that I wanted. It doesn't have the sparco seats. So I have to decide if I want to wait until at least August to get those seats.

I am looking for a Quadrifoglio in Rosso Competizione, btw. I actually do want the CCM brakes, which is convenient because they seem to be forcing that into orders. The only thing that I can't find onshore here, though, are the Sparco seats.

The seats are a hard one. I really like the look of the sparco's, and Thomas at autogefuhl claims they improve the comfort of the rear seat passengers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts