Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just became proud owner (well lessee) of a Giulia TI Lusso Q4.
I got one of the leftover 2017 models at a price I was very happy with, and thats a good thing because after a test drive I was definitely getting one, no matter what. It simply blew all the other possible options away.
Most exciting car to drive I have had in years, and in that very Italian way that belies simple statistics. It just feels so willing, sporty and responsive.

I've owned italian before, most notably a Lancia Integrale. Giulia is quite reminiscent, with the amazingly direct steering and just go go go grip (and how can a car this sporty have 4 doors).

Anyway I dipped into this forum for knowledge during initial research and all through the buying process, invaluable, thanks for that. I aim to add some back from my experiences now, and join in the community of similarly crazed italisti/alfisit/giulisti.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Greetings, and congratz on the new car. i see lots of chicago land owners here. thinking we should make a cars and coffee some time when it gets warmer

Reactions: Chicago

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! You'll enjoy every mile in it, I still look forward to a drive even to the grocery store. Good to see more Chicago area owners jumping in. The Chicago Alfa Club has a track event coming up on Saturday June 9th at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. I'll be posting information shortly in the Midwest section of the forum. All are welcome.

Marco

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Welcome! What color did you get? I will watch for you on the road. There have been very few in-the-wild sitings in the Chicagoland area.

p.s. That AR dealer in Evanston is outstanding. I ended up not buying from them (they just didn't have a car that I wanted), but they were upfront, responsive and great to deal with. In fact, I was able to use the discounts they were offering last spring to get a better deal on the car I ultimately bought in Naperville.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black with the lusso 18ins for a classy look.

I got mine from Bettenhausen, who I thought were great. Autobahn are very nice, I did visit them, but they have been too successful, no 2017 Q4s left at all.

BTW what is up with Mid-City Alfa in Chicago. They don't seem to actually be in the business of selling cars? Had a very strange experience when I went there - rows of dirty 2017s in a fenced compound, but no 2018s at all, and no test drives 'the system is down, maybe in a day or two'. I was essentially turned away, most odd. Looking them up after they also seem to have a location change, a past possible bankruptcy? and a terrible reputation for sales (with the exact problem I experienced recounted by others) and service.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
[swoon] Delta Integrale! [/swoon]

welcome!

EDIT: and on another note, I just visited the Bettenhausen site, and the prices are fantastic! Seriously, like $7k lower than what I could get!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome to you and your TI Lusso Q4.

I see you are from Chicago. Did it come with bullet proof glass and side panels?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Welcome! Chicago club is growing! Find me on the road (Ti Trofeo). You can see pics in my garage here. You can typically find me on 94West in the morning commute and 94East in the afternoon commute :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts