Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to the great community of Alfisti on this forum. I have a Giulia Q4 Ti and I love it. Been waiting about 18 years to buy an Alfa Romeo. My dream come true this July. ???

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Welcome! We seem to have quite a few people from the Milwaukee area on this forum. We should organize a meeting some time.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome! great to hear you've loving her (and quality choice on the color) ;) Looks like you're in good company there!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm your neighbor in New Berlin and am awaiting delivery of a 2018 Giulia Base Sport Q4. At age 72, I've probably been waiting longer for an Alfa Romero.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello fellow Wisconsinites. I'm up closer to Green Bay and was curious if you guys were able to get some discounts / deals on these cars?

Unfortunately Bergstrom in Appleton never has Giulias in stock and usually doesn't negotiate on new cars. (Heck or even used, I've had to go to Milwaukee to buy cars in the past, would prefer not to though)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hello fellow Wisconsinites. I'm up closer to Green Bay and was curious if you guys were able to get some discounts / deals on these cars?

Unfortunately Bergstrom in Appleton never has Giulias in stock and usually doesn't negotiate on new cars. (Heck or even used, I've had to go to Milwaukee to buy cars in the past, would prefer not to though)
I would suggest to come to Milwaukee. Back in July I got 6k off MSRP on a 17 Giulia at International Autos.
If one of the 2 dealers still has any 17 car still on the lot you should be able to get a substantial discount.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm thinking I'd still rather go for a 2018 and avoid the first year run of the car. I've always stayed away from first model years.

Some of this decision will also come to my current lease ending in July and how that is handled. Right now I have a 2015 BMW 335i x-drive and it is also my first lease so getting out of it early or doing the lease-end process is a whole new thing. I don't think I'll be leasing again unless I find some kind of really good deal.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Makes sense. You may still get more discounts around summer, when dealears want to clear the inventory. You will also get less options to choose from though.
Right now I see the usual $2,750 conquest discount applied.
It seems you are leaning to buy the car so I will give you my 2 cents.
Back last summer, I was just trying to get the best bang for the buck and lowest monthly payment possible (since I was coming from a zero monthly payment). So, I got almost the car I wanted.
Now, I love the car so much that I wish I went all the way and got the Sports seats and the performance package, even if I had to import it from a dealer out of state.
So my personal suggestion is to spec the car exactly as you want it without looking at the price tag, then find a dealer in the country that has it, and make your local dealer import it. Trust me, you'll spend that money eventually anyway. And if you can afford the Quadrifoglio, I warn you that you'll find yourself really wanting it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with that after compromising on this last car. I need the Ti Sport with Q4 and Ti Performance Package. It seems fairly reasonable to find but the one thing I'd rather not pay for or have is the dual sunroof but every single car with those other options includes the dual sunroof it seems.

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
Hello to my Cheesehead friends. I am a Marquette grad and make it up to Milwaukee at least 4-5 times per year to hang out with my old college friends, get some Real Chili and let them ogle my Giulia!
If you are ever interested in a Mercedes to compliment your Giulia, be sure to ask for my MU roommate Jeff Friess at International Autos Mercedes Benz in Waukesha. He is the best and will take good care of you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

In my case, I was not even planning on negotiating. I literally wanted the car no matter what. So I really didn't do that much shopping and ended up buying my car from International Auto. I should also point out that because of my obsession I ended up having to bring the car from New Jersey, through IA.

In any case, you'll have better selection and better prices here just because there's two competitors. And the best time to buy a car is at the end of the quarter because they have incentives for dealerships to make their number especially at the end of a quarter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Speaking of Brookfield, the last couple of weeks I've spotted a red Giulia in the area. One they it was parked at the WAC in Brookfield. Had a Palmer license plate frame... was that you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts