Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

First things first i should introduce myself.

I'm 25 and live in England but work from Germany

As i am now the very happy owner of a Giulia Quadrifoglio i thought i should get involved with the forum that has helped me with my final spec and the overall buying decision.

Look forward to getting involved and learning more on about the car on the forum and hopefully helping anyone that was in my situation with questions.

Thanks!
Adz3000

Attachments

Reactions: tadslc and Il_Conte

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congratulations on the Giulia and welcome to the forum. I like your ranking scheme for the cars in your car history. Hope the Giulia provides a lot of fun motoring miles, it will definitely be able to hold its own on the autobahn.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome! Looks like she?s just out of the showroom! Good job :) any plans to run the Ring? Watch out for fluids if you do ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome,

Honestly doubt i'd do the ring in this car i think it's putting a bit too much at risk. I love watching the Pirelli lap record video though - really shows the potential.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
QV at 25. Not too shabby. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
fair play - how does it compare to the F Type you had? Interested in your experience of that

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fair play - how does it compare to the F Type you had? Interested in your experience of that
Although i have only had this car just under 3 weeks (and still running it in) i actually prefer it so far.

Mainly due to the extra practicality of having 4 seats and a bigger boot but then also having near to the same performance of the 5.0L f-type.

Have noticed on a more than a few occasions that you just can't get the power down (especially in the wet) like you could in the Jaguar but so far i dont miss the AWD traction.

Only had that Jaguar for 12 months then moved onto this, definitely doesn't grab as much attention compared to the Jaguar but its not surprising really - two totally different types of cars

Thanks for asking :wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Cool interesting cars to go from/to :) Think the Alfa would grab far more attention here than in the EU simply as very few have a clue. What was it that made you ditch the Jag for the Quad?

That Marshalls in Cambridge? Not too far from where i'm from :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool interesting cars to go from/to :) Think the Alfa would grab far more attention here than in the EU simply as very few have a clue. What was it that made you ditch the Jag for the Quad?

That Marshalls in Cambridge? Not too far from where i'm from :D
Its the Marshalls in Peterborough so not tooooo far from there. Small world! (or small England haha) Moved to the USA now i take it?

The reason for the change is simply it's more beneficial for me to change car every year rather than keep it for more than 12 months from new.

Could of purchased another F-type but was craving more practicality without taking too much power away. So this Alfa is perfect really! Just a shame the seats dont fold down...

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
ahh the A1M.. a great chance to recreate a 'Top Secret Supra' moment ;) Even closer! Got friends in Peterborough so used to frequent there. Yeah moved to the US about 11 years ago now but pop back quite a bit - if I can get free work trips in stupid $$ class even better!

That sounds like a massive deprecation hit but I'm sure you've got a method to this madness so I won't dive too much into that ;) You plan on using the QV as a daily? I used to drive an RX7 with no traction all year and regretted it in winter quite a bit especially when caught in the massive snow storms (massive being 2") :D

Great to hear you're loving it, long may it last! Keep us updated on your exploits... if you want to get rid of that after 12 months, send it my way :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh the A1M.. a great chance to recreate a 'Top Secret Supra' moment ;) Even closer! Got friends in Peterborough so used to frequent there. Yeah moved to the US about 11 years ago now but pop back quite a bit - if I can get free work trips in stupid $$ class even better!

That sounds like a massive deprecation hit but I'm sure you've got a method to this madness so I won't dive too much into that ;) You plan on using the QV as a daily? I used to drive an RX7 with no traction all year and regretted it in winter quite a bit especially when caught in the massive snow storms (massive being 2") :D

Great to hear you're loving it, long may it last! Keep us updated on your exploits... if you want to get rid of that after 12 months, send it my way :D
Yikes a RX7 in the UK! I've heard they are heavy on fuel usage?

Do plan on using the Alfa as a daily but im getting winter tyres fitted next week so it's a bit more sensible. Do kinda wish it was a law in the UK, stop the country grinding to a halt with a slight frost.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
wouldn't be England if they did that ;D

Yeah was a little heavy on petrol, the twin turbos and the addictive kick in your back didn't help that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts