Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to the whole gang. I am an avid tuner and car collector. Been an Italian car owner since 2013 when I bought my first tribute car in my late wife's memory. On my second one now after a foolish kid hit me last spring. But I am planning to replace my daily driver in the next year or two and had my eye on Alfas since I was shopping for my first collector car. The 4C wasn't out yet and and the 8C was beyond my reach. Low and behold I found an unloved "entry level" Ferrari! The rumored partnership between Mazda and Alfa Romeo didn't pan out on time either and ended up as a partnership with Fiat instead. I am a Miata owner and have built my tuner/track car since I bought it new in 2000. It's getting on in years now and I am doing a lot of work to save it until I can pull the trigger on a Giulia QV. So I am here to cheer you on and drool over your sweet new rides! A Ti would be easier but I'm sure I would kick myself down the road. So now I save and dream instead.

Ciao! :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Welcome! Lots of good participation here with a lot of good information. Ask away and chime in anywhere.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eric! Learning a lot already and glad I am waiting to see the kinks worked out. Is the 2 door coupe idea dead for good?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome John! Rumor has it that Giulia Coupe (Sprint?) will show up at Geneva motor show this week. Guess we'll find out in a couple of days. I think it's just a matter of time but for now their priority seems to be getting the Stelvio out.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow OK! If they can make it blend well with the current body it could be very sleek. They body is great already. A rendering I saw just here on another thread was kind of ugly. Made me think of one of those Toyota hard top convertibles that tried too hard. Like the body was too high and cabin roof line too small. Solara I think.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'm in the same boat waiting until I'm perfectly able to purchase and I really know I'll be kicking myself if I don't go QV. Everything was set and then I had some setbacks so there goes that for a little while longer. What kind of mods are you running on that Miata for track??

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'm in the same boat waiting until I'm perfectly able to purchase and I really know I'll be kicking myself if I don't go QV. Everything was set and then I had some setbacks so there goes that for a little while longer. What kind of mods are you running on that Miata for track??
It doesn't help that aftermarket will be going after the QV, its one of the first real AR models they can do a good amount to, more than the 4C. It helps that the QV has a sizeable market and from what I can see good growth in ownership.

Only question now is if some brand like Brabus will come along and tune the QV, that would be the ultimate icing ;)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi KlassyPete2!

I am running a Cobalt 4-2-1 header, Roadster Sport mid pipe with high flow cat, Cobalt muffler. 2.3 inch diameter throughout. Flying' Miata Stage 1 VMaxx adjustable coil overs with fixed dampers. Lowered about 1.5 inches. DBA drilled and slotted rotors. DIY Front splitter winglets (BMW copied off of me ;) ) Touge Run rear spoiler, fiberglass with carbon look vinyl wrap. Full extra cockpit insulation. Buck Diamond Grill. 16 in. Kosei Sport Edition D4 wheels - Pirelli Sotto Zero winters. 16 in. ASA-AR1 mesh (faux modular) with Dunlop DZ-101 Summers. Custom, 3 inch aluminum and silicon intake pipe. Fast Forward Supercharger - MP-62 blower, fat pulley 8-10 psi boost. ~190-200 hp with intake and exhaust. But yeah, no dyno yet.

And I actually have only been on track once for a parade lap with the Nutmeg Miata Club back in 2010. Otherwise it's my daily driver in both winter and summer tire/wheel configs. But my back says it's basically a track car!
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have asked at Central Fiat/Alfa here about the rear carbon spoiler for Ti's and got a "no." I think that may be one of the first to be done, even from Alfa Romeo. Should be plenty to do for all Giulias since they share the same chassis.

And I had some setbacks with the Miata this fall. Shorts on the boot harness around Thanksgiving and then finding the front frame rails to be shot around the time I put the winters on. Didn't get after it soon enough but it's a known issue. My local frame shop did a pretty good job. The whole front end came off and a few things got cramped on the way back together put I'm sorting it out, including a new high pressure fuel line from the front fuel damper valve. Still need and alignment to restore toe after my adjustments.

And replacing my 348 last spring was traumatic and fun at the same time. I built the new 360 with wheel spacers, one wheel mild-straightening on my OZ Superleggera IIIs. Challenge Stradale TCU - the bomb but worth every penny! Black steering wheel with factory tan one in storage for build sheet value. So yeah, the 80K "other woman" Giulia QV has to wait. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts