Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Hope everyone is doing great, been following the forum for quite some time now, very excited to get my first Alfa Romeo.

Just booked one at the local dealership here in Dubai.

Getting the base model as its gonna be my first purchase.

Alfa Romeo Giulia - 2.0 Multiair - Alfa Red

Excited and nervous, read of so many issues with the car and the software, but still taking a jump, coming from a Japanese to an Italian is quite a big difference.

Lets see how the future is, as of now, I'm 9 days from getting the keys to my Alfa.
Shall share the details when I get it in hand.

Until then, adios amigos.

Salaam

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Good luck!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome! My guess is not much in the way of good twisty roads in Dubai. Where do you plan on driving it to get the most out of your new Giulia?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! My guess is not much in the way of good twisty roads in Dubai. Where do you plan on driving it to get the most out of your new Giulia?

These are the kind of roads i hit during the weekend, and am sure nothing better than an Alfa for this.. ?

On a daily basis, its more of nice smooth straight lines.?‍♂

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
You have a car made for this road, or you have the road for the right car? Enjoy !

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, those look like amazing roads. A heck of a lot better than we have here in SE Michigan! Enjoy....

·
Registered
206 Posts
These are the kind of roads i hit during the weekend, and am sure nothing better than an Alfa for this.. ?

Mabrook! Former Dubai resident here. You will have a blast with that car on the UAE's wonderful roads.

Is that Jebel Hafeet? Fantastic road, but careful. I think the days when you could drive "with spirit" on it are numbered, if not gone. Families and I suspect cameras. Also, there have been some nasty accidents there. Have they cleared up the upside down burned out wreck of the car that went off the side couple of years back? :frown2:

My favorite is still the road to Khasab in Oman. Again, I don't think it is worth risking speed on it - any more - but a beautiful piece of highway!! There's also a nice piece of mountain road near Dibba/Masafi area, not to mention around Liwa. You have some great choices to enjoy.

L4805405 by Simon S, on Flickr

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Mabrook! Former Dubai resident here. You will have a blast with that car on the UAE's wonderful roads.

Is that Jebel Hafeet? Fantastic road, but careful. I think the days when you could drive "with spirit" on it are numbered, if not gone. Families and I suspect cameras. Also, there have been some nasty accidents there. Have they cleared up the upside down burned out wreck of the car that went off the side couple of years back? /forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_sad.png

My favorite is still the road to Khasab in Oman. Again, I don't think it is worth risking speed on it - any more - but a beautiful piece of highway!! There's also a nice piece of mountain road near Dibba/Masafi area, not to mention around Liwa. You have some great choices to enjoy.

L4805405 by Simon S, on Flickr

Salaam bud, its the Jabel Hafeet and the Jabel Jais, the roads are now even better, wider, sticky tarmac, accidental cars cleared, and with Here Maps, we know where the cameras are located ?

Ohhh I'll also make a note of the roads you mentioned, and with the AR club, am sure we will explore a lot more places to enjoy the lil rocket... ❤

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, my dealership just called, the have a zero mile Cadillac CTS 2.0 TURBO 2017 model year, luxury trim, $3000 more than the Giulia.

Its got the 270bhp engine, a 11 speaker bose audio system, n all the bells n whistles.?

I'm planning to go for that, since my AR was the base model, it didn't even have a rear view camera in it ?‍♂

Any one who thinks I'm on the wrong thought?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts