Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed about a 1” height difference in the wheel wells between the ‘17s and the ‘18s Quadrifoglios?

My dealer has some of each and they look different. I’m wondering if it’s a model year change of the ‘18s, or if they settle after some time?

And yes, I’m told the suspension blocks have been removed from the ‘18s...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.....

Reactions: Jason McInnis

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Rim

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

I didn’t think to take a pic of one of the ‘17 front wheels to compare, but here are 3 different ‘18s. Do these look high to current ‘17 Quadrifoglio owners?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
Splitter saver?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
the '18 does look a little high but then again the dealers are typically not putting miles on them. After removing the spring blocks, they really need a ride around the block to fully settle. I'll volunteer :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the '18 does look a little high but then again the dealers are typically not putting miles on them. After removing the spring blocks, they really need a ride around the block to fully settle. I'll volunteer :)
@EricVonHa At least one of those three has 50+miles on it. Do you think that is sufficient to say it's settled as far as it will?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Need more than 50 miles... I typically wait 500 after putting on new suspension to get alignment done on track cars, for this reason primarily. Also, not all miles are created equal too, 50 miles can totally be enough if you are driving on very bumpy roads at decent speeds.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I didn't know the 2018 QVs were 4x4s.

Yikes. That looks terrible.

When I picked up my 17 QV, it didn't look like that and had very little miles but perhaps had time to "sit right."

Steve

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Just one question
Why would AR change the set up on a car that has received raving reviews from just about anybody?
I just can't accept it as fact until it is confirmed by AR (or @MacGeek).....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim

Ok here is my new '18 from the side, taken with the camera at about door handle height. Sorry, the sun is not in the best position to really highlight it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jason McInnis said:
Ok here is my new '18 from the side, taken with the camera at about door handle height. Sorry, the sun is not in the best position to really highlight it.
Your car appears to look better than ones at the dealer, so maybe they just need to settle? Attached is a photo of my '17 when it had ~40 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your car appears to look better than ones at the dealer, so maybe they just need to settle? Attached is a photo of my '17 when it had ~40 miles on it.
@KMW. My car is one of the three I posted earlier from the dealer. The full side view was today at work with 100 miles on it. Maybe it’s just the photographic perspective, but yours looks lower at 40 than mine does at 100 to my eyes?

·
Registered
118 Posts

@KMW. My car is one of the three I posted earlier from the dealer. The full side view was today at work with 100 miles on it. Maybe it’s just the photographic perspective, but yours looks lower at 40 than mine does at 100 to my eyes?
Maybe KMW’s is more subtle because of the color. Yours being trofeo white shows the contrast more prominently. One way to compare is take a tape measure and measure from the ground to the apex of the wheel well. My ‘17 QV is 27 1/4” front and 27 3/4” rear.

Btw I have just short of 600 miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
@EricVonHa At least one of those three has 50+miles on it. Do you think that is sufficient to say it's settled as far as it will?
Would need to talk to the tech that did the delivery inspection to see how many miles they put on the cars. Usually not much. Doing delivery inspections doesn't pay anywhere near to repair flat-rate work.

My Q had nearly that many miles put on it in Italy prior to being shipped to the USA. Then, the shipping blocks are installed for transcontinental shipping and removed on this side of the pond. Tough to say. Though, if not the Q4 models, I'd say they need to be driven a bit more to settle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe KMW’s is more subtle because of the color. Yours being trofeo white shows the contrast more prominently. One way to compare is take a tape measure and measure from the ground to the apex of the wheel well. My ‘17 QV is 27 1/4” front and 27 3/4” rear.

Btw I have just short of 600 miles.
@RVAAF Good idea. I'm at 130 miles on these measurements, taken from the center of the wheel.
Front: 27 9/16ths
Rear: 27 13/16ths

It definitely seems to be settling somewhat. Easily looks at least 1/2" lower than it did on Saturday.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Rim

Ruler Tape measure Yellow Measuring instrument Tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
@RVAAF Good idea. I'm at 130 miles on these measurements, taken from the center of the wheel.
Front: 27 9/16ths
Rear: 27 13/16ths

It definitely seems to be settling somewhat. Easily looks at least 1/2" lower than it did on Saturday.

View attachment 38474

View attachment 38482
How is your Giulia looking now after a few months?

I collected mine on 3rd February and it looks ridiculously high, especially the front arch gap.
Do they just take time and a few miles to settle to the correct height? Or do '18 cars sit higher than '17?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts