Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this on my GT350 along with their pedals. One of my favorite additions. The heel guard saves the floor mat and is easily reversible with no visible traces. If you are like me I like the factory floor mats but the wear under your heel on the driver's side mat is bothersome. I contacted Brian to see what he could do. Here is the raw cut before it goes to be anodized so it matches the pedals. We discussed a few different variants but settled on this one. It will look fantastic and functional. Will post the finished product here once received.

http://www.srpracing.com/

All the hard work is done (ie. designing, CAD work, etc.)

GT350

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love it! I also like the factory mats for the summer.
Keep us posted. Any idea on the eventual price?
Brian will not have it loaded on his website for awhile yet but the cost is $59 + $30 for anodizing/finishing so $89 total shipped USPS priority. Will post pics once the piece returns from the anodizing process. Contact him or order the std heel guard + the $30 anodizing then state you want to the AR Giulia design in the order comments section. Post here if anyone has decided to order as I am curious to see the interest.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the one in the first picture already anodized?
No, the cnc'd cuts or depressions will be black with the surface or face bright aluminum. Essentially matching the pedals. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
573 Posts
How will it attach to the floor mat?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How will it attach to the floor mat?
Countersunk hex key screws/locknuts in stainless steel for a very clean flush look. The four small holes when removed are not seen at all through the carpeted floor mat.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anodized complete. Will post installed pics later this week. Turned out great and will look OEM.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Install complete. Came with black screws but may use SS later. Longer SS cap screw is for setting the three prong t-nut although usually you can get by without it.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Wow! The screws punch through but the holes are hidden by the pile if removed. I would place it over on the right side but it may reach far enough as is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wow! The screws punch through but the holes are hidden by the pile if removed. I would place it over on the right side but it may reach far enough as is.
Exactly!

I may move it but I did make sure to place it where I was already seeing my heel making a depression in the OE mat. You can see the heel mark if you study the before picture closely. To the right of that the OE mat hardly seemed touched. Will see how it does. Simple to move of course.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Exactly!

I may move it but I did make sure to place it where I was already seeing my heel making a depression in the OE mat. You can see the heel mark if you study the before picture closely. To the right of that the OE mat hardly seemed touched. Will see how it does. Simple to move of course.
My E-type had carpets with a hard vinyl insert with much the same idea. I encountered two issues:

1) It is slippery. My heel would not stay put creating strain on long drives.

2) Any little piece of detritus that gets on it grinds between the hard surface and shoe in a really unpleasant fashion.

YMMV.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My E-type had carpets with a hard vinyl insert with much the same idea. I encountered two issues:

1) It is slippery. My heel would not stay put creating strain on long drives.

2) Any little piece of detritus that gets on it grinds between the hard surface and shoe in a really unpleasant fashion.

YMMV.
1) Deep groves makes that unlikely.

2) Could happen

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yeah and I guess it would wear too with scratches and whatnot. But Maybe a plastic version could work too? But I guess you can remove and polish the metal one as is. And where you have it now could cover both the gas pedal and the dead pedal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah and I guess it would wear too with scratches and whatnot. But Maybe a plastic version could work too? But I guess you can remove and polish the metal one as is. And where you have it now could cover both the gas pedal and the dead pedal.
Drove with it this morning. No slippage at all and thus far the placement is good. Anodizing is pretty tough but yes it could scratch over time. The silver part certainly can be sanded/polished out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still holding up well. The brighter part is aluminum so I would recommend a coating if in a salt environment which I am not.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I, like the OP have the same concerns regarding heel wear on the mats...not just on the alfa...any mat w/o a heel guard. I would get one when avail and hope it will cover the apparent wear after only 3k miles!

I would recommend against anodizing as it will just become another point of wear. git er dunn!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts