Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes awesome is an over used word but please tell me how this car is able to start heating the interior in less than a block. I've never had a car like this. Electric heater? Exhaust manifold? It can't be shared radiator fluid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes awesome is an over used word but please tell me how this car is able to start heating the interior in less than a block. I've never had a car like this. Electric heater? Exhaust manifold? It can't be shared radiator fluid.
Not noticed this yet myself, hope your right!

Probably just circulates to the heater matrix before the thermostat allows it to the radiator.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Yup, until your heater box overheats and the dealership has to take your dash out to replace it

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Had it all going today...seat warmers, front/rear defrost & the steering wheel heater:grin2:
worked as it should no issues....though I will say that the Pirelli tires in the combo of cold & rain...in a word SUCK...
Michelin PLEASE make tires in the QV size!!!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
this is kind of interesting because us old folks remember temperature gauges, and when boiling occurred.
they have been changing coolants to something with higher normal operating temperatures due to emissions, high enough they don't want you to see the numbers anymore, so although that isn't why it warms quickly, it certainly explains plenty warm enough.
I expect the changes in coolant temperature and the accompanying increase in pressure is the reason BMW was plagued with radiator failures mid 90's, and as mentioned, it could be a Mcdonalds hot coffee scenario if the heater sprouted leaks in the interior.
Probably why everything says "see your dealer" now, they really don't want you opening the hood and checking your radiator.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Had it all going today...seat warmers, front/rear defrost & the steering wheel heater:grin2:
worked as it should no issues....though I will say that the Pirelli tires in the combo of cold & rain...in a word SUCK...
Michelin PLEASE make tires in the QV size!!!
They're so so bad in the cold. It's like driving on giant stone Flintstones wheels. It's rainy up here in Washington state now, so I swapped mine out for some Continental ExtremeContact DWS06s. I have traction now and as a bonus, the low speed tire chatter when making hard turns is gone.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sometime back, I read about an electric heater element for the cabin heat, as a Giulia feature. I believe MacGeek stated that it was only for the diesel cars. Maybe he was wrong?

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
nothing I'm sure...the QV really won't be driven in the snow or in the winter that much anyway...was just an observation as I received my car last year at Christmas and really didn't drive it in the winter months....just an observation as these Corsa tires are really very aggressive...in the dry & track they have ridiculous grip...and are surprisingly comfortable in long trips or even around town....but I think I will be replacing them with something else come the spring and I am partial to the Michelin tires...

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I have to and have noticed how quickly the heater works as well. Truly the quickest of any car I've owned. This little 4 cylinder heats quicker than my 8 cylinder truck. I don't understand but won't complain....

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I have to and have noticed how quickly the heater works as well. Truly the quickest of any car I've owned. This little 4 cylinder heats quicker than my 8 cylinder truck. I don't understand but won't complain....
Tiny coolant capacity?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts