Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it take a while before the seats become heated? My wife could hardly feel the heat after 10 minutes. Please advise.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
Does it take a while before the seats become heated? My wife could hardly feel the heat after 10 minutes. Please advise.
With my Ti sport seat on high heat (driver's side, USA spec), I can feel the heat after 1-2 minutes and full heat is reached in another 1-2 minutes. The heat is concentrated at the seat back, near the bottom, although I think there is some heat on the seat pan near the back.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
In all honesty I have never timed them as I am just concentrating on how to control myself with her and stay out of jail, but I don't think they come any slower or weaker than my wife's allroad...... Just make sure the dial is on full 3 bars.....

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
693 Posts
They come on slower than any other car I’ve owned, except for the old 164LS. I don’t think mine take 10minutes though - maybe 5.
Unlike other cars, I think the setting is for intensity, not temperature. So if you want it heated “fast”, set it on 3 bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Do a search, long thread on this with a lot of information.

Thanks

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
647 Posts
All this talk about heated seats, heated steering wheels, heated door handles, heated shift paddles, heated seat belts, heated accelerators and brake peddles, heated shift handles and on and on. Good grief! My Giulia's engine warms up very fast and we have nice cozy warm air very fast when needed in the cabin. I've never seen a forum with so many anorexic cold blooded folks. I hate driving a car that feels like I'm sitting on a Coleman camp stove while driving. Next we'll see members here whining that Giulia doesn't have vibrating seats.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
All this talk about heated seats, heated steering wheels, heated door handles, heated shift paddles, heated seat belts, heated accelerators and brake peddles, heated shift handles and on and on. Good grief! My Giulia's engine warms up very fast and we have nice cozy warm air very fast when needed in the cabin. I've never seen a forum with so many anorexic cold blooded folks. I hate driving a car that feels like I'm sitting on a Coleman camp stove while driving. Next we'll see members here whining that Giulia doesn't have vibrating seats.

:D :D :D
Well, I hope everyone recognizes this as a "first world problem".

A related first world problem with my car is that it seems to adjust the HVAC outlet temperature based on the outside temperature too aggressively with the net result that I have to turn the inside temperature down quite a bit when it is cold outside and back up when it is warm. I thought the whole point of this complicated climate control system was so that there would be no need to fiddle with the controls. IIRC, I ended up at 60F inside temperature setting to avoid feeling very warm when it was -6F outside. I normally set the control close to 70F.

I think the heated steering wheel creates the cold paddles issue. When I first drove the car I had not found the steering wheel heater button and also did not notice the temperature of the paddles: cold fingers, cold paddles, no contrast. Once I tried the steering wheel heater my fingers warmed up quickly and then I noticed that the paddles were cold relative to the steering wheel and my fingers. Also the steering wheel heater seems a bit over the top and I end up turning it off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took your advice, IGBALFA and check the history on these seats. At least half the people agree that the heated seats are inadequate and we agree, they don't heat well at all, at least in my vehicle. Unfortunately my wife depends heavily on heat for her back issues especially when temperatures are cool/cold outside. As far as JuliaQ4 comments, this forum is to discuss our Giulias, good or bad especially when we just purchased the vehicle. Forum is a great place to learn as much about the car as possible. Your comments are inappropriate, if you don't like the topics, don't read them. This kid of behavior discourages some people not to comment at all and that would be unfortunate.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Well, I hope everyone recognizes this as a "first world problem".

A related first world problem with my car is that it seems to adjust the HVAC outlet temperature based on the outside temperature too aggressively with the net result that I have to turn the inside temperature down quite a bit when it is cold outside and back up when it is warm. I thought the whole point of this complicated climate control system was so that there would be no need to fiddle with the controls. IIRC, I ended up at 60F inside temperature setting to avoid feeling very warm when it was -6F outside. I normally set the control close to 70F.

I think the heated steering wheel creates the cold paddles issue. When I first drove the car I had not found the steering wheel heater button and also did not notice the temperature of the paddles: cold fingers, cold paddles, no contrast. Once I tried the steering wheel heater my fingers warmed up quickly and then I noticed that the paddles were cold relative to the steering wheel and my fingers. Also the steering wheel heater seems a bit over the top and I end up turning it off after a few minutes.
Amen.

I am looking forward to a cooled steering wheel on those hot summer days. Cooling to go with heat for the shifter paddles would also be nice. And when will Giulia and Stelvio join their FCA cousins in having heated and cooled cupholders. Really suffering here.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Heating the paddles? It's called direct the vents at the paddles, problem solved ...
Even slicker is how the paddles' +/- labels are illuminated.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Which model Giulia and what type of seats ?

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Since I paid to have a heated seat, I would expect it to work properly. By the way, my passenger seat sometimes does not slide backward. I know some here will say, "Don't use it." So, all the people complaining about the Infotainment system, just don't use it.

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Since I paid to have a heated seat, I would expect it to work properly. By the way, my passenger seat sometimes does not slide backward. I know some here will say, "Don't use it." So, all the people complaining about the Infotainment system, just don't use it.
My heated seat sometimes burns my butt, and the power seat occasionally goes haywire and pins me against the steering wheel. Whom do I petition? :D

·
Registered
7,478 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Illuminated through the cutouts by the dash!
The driver would would not be able to drive if they were short enough to be able to see through the paddle +/- cutouts to the dash...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts