Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Had my 17 Giulia Ti Sport for a week and half now... and while I find the seats themselves to be comfortable for my lower body (tilt would be nicer) and love the side bolstering... but the head and neck support sucks for long drives. It's too far back and hard as a rock. I find myself unnaturally pushing my head back to rest it. I can't be the only person who hates the head rest.

Looking for ideas/options to improve head/neck comfort while maintaining resemblance of factory look... and without spending hundreds of dollars on aftermarket seats (this is not an option).

My theory is that the seat/headrest was designed for comfort while wearing a helmet to improve ratings with magazine editors. The natural position for my head sits 1.5 inches away from headrest, and when I slide on my motorcycle helmet and sit down, its perfect.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
863 Posts
I think we are running out of things to talk about.

Maybe it's the wine talking but I can't remember the last time I ever put my head in the head rest when I was in motion.

but to be constructive , I've seen attachments you can add to headrests on Amazon made of mesh that look like mini versions of lumbar supports but for your head.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think we are running out of things to talk about.

Maybe it's the wine talking but I can't remember the last time I ever put my head in the head rest when I was in motion.

but to be constructive , I've seen attachments you can add to headrests on Amazon made of mesh that look like mini versions of lumbar supports but for your head.
IMHO I think they would encourage falling asleep at the wheel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife's comfort is my key concern for sure. Her neck hurt after a couple 1-2 hour car rides. She did stuff a small foam pillow on the last drive and that helped, but is not a solution.

I've seen those neck cushions on amazon/ebay... but they just look cheap. Based on forum/internet searches, I seem to be the only one.

I am probably going to get a quote at a local upholstery shop to have custom headreat covers made with added padding up front. So I can slip them open and remove if I sell.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
In every car I’ve had if the passenger needs to rest their head they bring a pillow. Non-issue for the driver. I did just make an 800 mile round trip drive with my 32 year old daughter, she seemed to sleep most of it with no problem (and no pillow). I do have the Lusso seats, but suspect the headrests are pretty much the same across the different seat styles.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I found my QV headrests to be the opposite, too far forward and stabbed me in the upper neck. So I removed them and flipped them around. If yours are tilted back, perhaps you could do the same?

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
My sister got me a small neck pillow with the AR logo on it, it has some elastic that holds it up. It looks like the Panda bear ones pictured above except that it is shaped like a bow-tie. I have used it on a couple of cross country drives in our Stelvio. It does work great for the passenger to take some of the strain off and let them rest. It's not "comfortable" but it provides some support where it is needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone. Had my 17 Giulia Ti Sport for a week and half now... and while I find the seats themselves to be comfortable for my lower body (tilt would be nicer) and love the side bolstering... but the head and neck support sucks for long drives. It's too far back and hard as a rock. I find myself unnaturally pushing my head back to rest it. I can't be the only person who hates the head rest.

Looking for ideas/options to improve head/neck comfort while maintaining resemblance of factory look... and without spending hundreds of dollars on aftermarket seats (this is not an option).

My theory is that the seat/headrest was designed for comfort while wearing a helmet to improve ratings with magazine editors. The natural position for my head sits 1.5 inches away from headrest, and when I slide on my motorcycle helmet and sit down, its perfect.
Bit late to the party, but my ‘17 Ti Sport was recently in for service so I got a ‘20 Sport as a loaner and noticed that the headrest is exceptionally softer than my own car’s headrests. I’m the winter I had a ‘20 Stelvio Ti with the same soft headrests. They’re almost pillow-like comparatively, but have proven perfect for long trips. This may be a good option if looking to keep “oem”. (And yes, I have had way too many loaners…I’ve had every single one at my local dealership in fact 😬)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts