Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I just noticed this today. Hopefully Alfa will replace this.
welcome to the club...and yes they will...they will remove the bumper and change out both brackets that are on the inside...
no biggie...just an inconvenience..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I don’t want them to remove the bumper due to the laser shifter installation. I just want to put a cover on the bumper. I don’t care about the headlight washer. I’ve never used this in any of my previous cars. You think I can get just the cover .

·
Registered
334 Posts
For mine they replaced the nozzle assembly on the left front one, it hadn't blown the cover out like yours did, mine was still attached just not flush like it should be ....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
This is why Alfa will always have the reputation for "unreliable" even for something so small they can't really appropriate this down to port checking or a fix lol. I mean come on I know its not a big deal but you pay 72k+ for a car just to have a small piece come off and you get a repainted mismatched one haha. I told them last December you should include this as a port checklist or something along those lines or even a dealer check list.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Absolutely. If my 2018 comes with one or both that pop off I will be pissed. From what MacGeek said, it sounded like some might have been built before the upgrade reached the production line. :(

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wow, I don’t want them to remove the bumper due to the laser shifter installation. I just want to put a cover on the bumper. I don’t care about the headlight washer. I’ve never used this in any of my previous cars. You think I can get just the cover .
You can do what some of us did. Pull the headlight washer relay so it doesn't function (doesn't affect the windshield washer). See link below:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/4...rst-gremlin-headlamp-washer-4.html#post208593

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
9 weeks and counting. They supposedly received the part 2 weeks ago and were going to get it painted. It's a great PR statement for Alfa Romeo- driving around in their flapship car with a hole in the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
What's really the statement here is that Alfa has known several cars who have had this problem and still don't do anything about the actual part in the issue either at port or a dealership. I guess classic Alpha is back LOL.

·
Registered
169 Posts
9 weeks and counting. They supposedly received the part 2 weeks ago and were going to get it painted. It's a great PR statement for Alfa Romeo- driving around in their flapship car with a hole in the front bumper.
It's better than the owner of a Misano Blue driving around lower Westchester County with a tow hook screwed in the front right. Saw that one again over the weekend in Scarsdale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.